Phantom Thread

Started by wilder, June 02, 2016, 08:21:51 PM

budwillies

He replied in the thread:

"It was Phantom Thread, as has been previously mentioned. No change there. There isn't much I can say about it. It didn't give much of a sense of plot but did have almost the tone of a thriller to it, a bit of a departure from PTA's normal vibe. I didn't know I was about to watch it when I did and it was quite late, so I'm having trouble remembering anything else specific."

Drenk

Yep. That's another "insider" on Reddit.
Ascension.

jenkins

this is it:
from r/paulthomasanderson

you can click her name and see her posts. there's actually no reason not to believe her. survey people are always random and barely remember anything. i mean there's no reason to believe her either. but like i said.

budwillies

The guy dmed me and said that he definitely saw it.

Yes

I still don't believe this because of the lack of detail, but hopefully we get the official news soon

polkablues

I'm inclined to believe it on the basis that if she were making it up, she would have thrown in more details to sell the lie. "I saw it, but I dunno, it was kind of thrillery, I guess, I don't really remember," is a terrible lie, but an utterly believable truth.
My house, my rules, my coffee

jenkins

her update

QuoteAgain, it was late at night and I didn't know it was about to happen. I was just told to watch a trailer. I didn't even know it was for Phantom Thread at first. And not much happened. What kind of details do you want exactly?? A second by second description? It was DDL and he was measuring things and there was a voiceover and ominous music. You know. A trailer.

Yes

Biggest reason I'm dubious outside of lack of details, is that all the rumors state this is PTA doing Mike Leigh, so I'm anticipating more intimate footage

jviness02

Alright, I know how bad this looks, being a first time poster posting SPOILER details, but I can tell you that DDL's character is named Reynolds Woodcock(classic Paul), the film is mostly about an artist and his muse and it has a "Gothic, moody" vibe. Based on what I know, this reddit poster may be telling the truth.

Drenk

Ok. I can imagine PTA giggling while writing Woodcock and deciding to keep it.
Ascension.

jviness02

Quote from: Drenk on September 20, 2017, 06:55:11 PM

This was my response as well, haha.

I don't want to violate my NDA, but I can also tell you the film is locked and everything we've seen does have THE PHANTOM THREAD label on it.

budwillies

Quote from: jviness02 on September 20, 2017, 07:29:41 PM

I don't want to violate my NDA, but I can also tell you the film is locked and everything we've seen does have THE PHANTOM THREAD label on it.

Any word on a possible trailer release? And where did you hear this from?

jviness02

Quote from: budwillies on September 20, 2017, 08:12:07 PM
Quote from: jviness02 on September 20, 2017, 07:29:41 PM

Any word on a possible trailer release? And where did you hear this from?

Looks like the trailer will drop next month and I legally can't really say anything about how I know this, which sounds like a cop out. Completely understandable to question my posts. I take no offense.

ono

Quote from: BigSock on September 19, 2017, 11:58:15 PM
Biggest reason I'm dubious outside of lack of details, is that all the rumors state this is PTA doing Mike Leigh, so I'm anticipating more intimate footage
PTA doing Leigh?  So there.  There anyway.  Day-Lewis as Thewlis?  Yes, please!  Kinda rolls off your tongue.

Vicko99

Quote from: jviness02 on September 20, 2017, 06:30:04 PM
Alright, I know how bad this looks, being a first time poster posting SPOILER details, but I can tell you that DDL's character is named Reynolds Woodcock(classic Paul), the film is mostly about an artist and his muse and it has a "Gothic, moody" vibe. Based on what I know, this reddit poster may be telling the truth.
Can you confirm (or deny) this rumoured plot:
Spoilers- DDL plays a pretty misogynist fashion designer who meets a young model, falls in love, and she hooks him onto drugs and they develop some sort of master-slave relationship, with him as the submissive.