not the most popular thread anymore, donnie darko and homos.

Started by SubstanceD, February 18, 2003, 07:02:07 PM

Cecil

"Abstract art that doesn't represent anything shouldn't be considered art at all." anybody said 'yes' to this? (i hope not)

Xixax

I took that in a hurry yesterday, and I was almost dead center. Just a hair on the plus side of Y, and the minus side of X.

Looks like I want to please everybody.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Ghostboy

This and the Iraq post are likely to go on for quite a long time. Maybe they should be locked, and then restarted in a single left/right debate.

Pubrick

Quote from: GhostboyMaybe they should be locked, and then restarted in a single left/right debate.
no i don't think that's going to happen.

long threads are what life is all about.
under the paving stones.

jmj

Ghandi...

BTW-
Quote from: Butterscotch Jonessadlly your idea of a intelligent reply is one that is recycled from a outside source , a source that you deem worthy of your snob ethics , in a word your a cliche . Of course you will find a problem with my opinions, Because they are my own, and i didnt have them spoon fed to me during college. I do not spout tired old cliches that i hope will make people think I am cool.I have yet to hear you or budgie say anything that sounds like intelligent point of view, all i hear is tired old p.c cliches, a fucking dime a dozen .  well you did give the jammaster props so ok almost everything you have said

You are so intoxicated with your own opinion that you can't even realize what other people are trying to say.  If you actually knew me there may be some validity to what you're saying.  But you don't.  I didn't go to college so I have no spoon feeding from there.  I come across my opinions through research and reading and if I was quoting I would site my sources.  No quotes, just opinions like the the ones you keep giving, over and over ::yawns::  And once again, for the last time, I have no problems with people thinking for themselves.  I want people to think for themselves I just wish people could show more respect.  So that's that, there's no reason for me to send you a p/m because it's not personal, we're all just talking shit.  It's what evs though.   I guess you can't eat a bowl of dicks because you're so full of shit that you don't have any more room.  Maybe you should try getting your stomach pumped.  Just a suggestion.
Gorobei Katayama: You're Good.
Heihachi Hayashida: Yeah, yeah. But I'm better at killing enemies.
Gorobei Katayama: Killed many?
Heihachi Hayashida: Well - It's impossible to kill 'em all, so I ususally run away.
Gorobei Katayama: A splendid principle!
Heihachi Hayashida: Thank you.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

this started because i said a film was gay, and you said that it is not cool to lable the word gay as a put down.

ok got it, but however you keep telling me to eat a bowl of dicks, and i think its safe to say you mean that as a put down.

but isnt that as bad as what i said, because as far as gay men and straight woman are concerned dicks are great, and well you just made eating a dick a bad thing.

so my point is where do we draw the line.

this shit is old, i am sorry if it got out of hand the other day, that may of been misplaced anger that was meant  for somebody else.

But i still think we should all mellow out, jmj i read your posts you said you love hip hop, so do I, as a fan of rap you should take some things with a grain of salt.

are you a fan of chuck d, if so are you bothered by songs like "sophisticated bitch" and he has also said homophobic things in his music.

maybe you should save your scorn for someone who is more deserving of it

jmj

Awe...I think we are finally starting to understand each other except there isn't any anger here.  As a fan of hiphop you know about battling.  That's all this is.  I was trying to counter serious discussion with stupid put downs to try to make things light.  If you look at my very first reply about this whole thing I was trying to keep it light but then the discussion turned into a whole other thing.  Besides, you can't really eat a bowl of dicks with a spoon.  Chopsticks would be much better.  Seriously though, as long as you understand that me disagreeing with your opinion doesn't mean I want you to stop thinking for yourself then our business with this topic is done.

As far as hiphop I am hugely dissapointed with the attitude towards woman and homosexuals in the music.  Especially the emcees who say they are "conscious rappers" and use despairing language and comments toward woman and gay people.  If I ever get a chance to holla' at one of them then I'll let 'em know, maybe even battle...

As far as I'm concerned just mentioning Chuck D makes you cool in my book.  How's that for diplomacy.  BTW- My favorite emcee of all time is KRS-ONE.
Gorobei Katayama: You're Good.
Heihachi Hayashida: Yeah, yeah. But I'm better at killing enemies.
Gorobei Katayama: Killed many?
Heihachi Hayashida: Well - It's impossible to kill 'em all, so I ususally run away.
Gorobei Katayama: A splendid principle!
Heihachi Hayashida: Thank you.

phil marlowe

©brad

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

like i said , i didnt mean to come across as a prick.

Jake_82

I know this is an afterthought or whatever, but I really don't understand how people can think that saying "gay" in a derogatory manner doesn't effect anyone. Someone I inderictly know (mutual friends, etc) today commited suicide. He was gay and very depressed, but about a month before he killed himself he wrote a long livejournal post about suicide and other things, where he says

"Also, just the fact of being gay, hits my heart. I know what a battle it is. I know how much it hurts, and all the torments and battles inside that go on. I've been suicidal because of those torments.... I've thought to myself no more wanting to scream my lungs out at almost everyone I go to school with who uses "gay" as a derogatory term. No more pain."

I'm not saying that if no one had said gay in a derogatory manner he wouldn't have killed himself or that he had any reason to, but I think it needs to be pointed out that your actions do effect other people.
your reality is at the end of your dream

cowboykurtis

Quote from: Jake_82I know this is an afterthought or whatever, but I really don't understand how people can think that saying "gay" in a derogatory manner doesn't effect anyone. Someone I inderictly know (mutual friends, etc) today commited suicide. He was gay and very depressed, but about a month before he killed himself he wrote a long livejournal post about suicide and other things, where he says

"Also, just the fact of being gay, hits my heart. I know what a battle it is. I know how much it hurts, and all the torments and battles inside that go on. I've been suicidal because of those torments.... I've thought to myself no more wanting to scream my lungs out at almost everyone I go to school with who uses "gay" as a derogatory term. No more pain."

I'm not saying that if no one had said gay in a derogatory manner he wouldn't have killed himself or that he had any reason to, but I think it needs to be pointed out that your actions do effect other people.

as cruel as this may sound: you cant hold people who use the word "gay" in a derogatory fashion, accountable for this kid's suicide.  when someone kills themselves there more problems than what seems to be at the surface. if everyone let what others say affect them, everyone would be killing themselves. if your gay, learn to like yourself for who you are and fuck what others think. its no different than being fat or black or bald or crippled -- everyone faces ridicule. it's his fault for letting others affect him to the point where he takes his own life -- i have no sympathy for that. i know thats cold, but thats my opinion. and i feel strongly about it.
...your excuses are your own...

Jake_82

I agree, I definitely agree that no one but him is accountable for his actions, which I tired to communicate in my last paragraph, but on the other hand you can't tell me that people who say things are "gay" are not at all responsible. They can just as easily not contribute to making gay people feel like the word gay, something used to describe them, is derogatory. The bottom line is, if no one used gay as an insult, that gay teens probably wouldn't try to kill themselves twice as much as heterosexual teens.

All I'm trying to say is when something like this might be avoided by simply changing one word of your vocabulary, there's no reason why people shouldn't try to help prevent things like this from happening.
your reality is at the end of your dream

Cecil

Quote from: cowboykurtiseveryone faces ridicule. it's his fault for letting others affect him to the point where he takes his own life -- i have no sympathy for that.

dude, some people are alot more sensitive than others. its not easy for anyone, but everyone is different and for some it can be harder than others

cowboykurtis

Quote from: cecil b. demented
Quote from: cowboykurtiseveryone faces ridicule. it's his fault for letting others affect him to the point where he takes his own life -- i have no sympathy for that.

dude, some people are alot more sensitive than others. its not easy for anyone, but everyone is different and for some it can be harder than others

if someone is sensitive, it doesn't change the fact that they are responsible for killing themselves. you cant blame other people who may have made fun of them. if you're sensitive, dont come out of the closet. its an unfortunate thing about our world --- people are cruel. but that not going to change. everyone's excuses are their own.
...your excuses are your own...