renee "do i have something in my eye?" zellweger

Started by NEON MERCURY, March 15, 2004, 09:35:02 PM

NEON MERCURY

Banky

Ghostboy

It was funny when she dropped the F-bomb on live TV at the Oscar pre-shows and by the time Nicole Kidman interrupted her and pointed it out, it was too late for the censors to do anything.

Stefen

This woman gets on my nerves. She looks like shes one oxy away from od. And where did she come from? I saw her in Empire Records and then in Jerry maguire and all of a sudden shes a respectable actress? She was cool as that sexaholic letmeworkyouout slut in empire records though (semi aroused). Nurse betty was cool too. Maybe I do like her.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Thrindle

This is so shallow... but there's something about her beady little eyes and pouty (to the point of pretention) lips that make me annoyed.  I must admit, I liked Bridget Jones, but then again I liked the book too (sappy romance fluff  :-D ).  So I guess my point is, I could take her, or leave her.  Streep, Kidman, Moore... now those are great actresses.
Classic.

Pubrick

her eyes are black, like her soul.

she tries to hide this fact.
under the paving stones.

cine

She also has permanent grapefruit in her eyes.

SoNowThen

I wanna not like her, yet she can be pretty damn cute. A-List actress? No. But she was amusing in Me, Myself, & Irene.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Gold Trumpet

She can't get past speaking a sentence without annoying me. She has speech problems and continually looks like she is confused. This happens in interviews and in her roles....the latter is apologized because they say "she is giving the conventional role realism". Blah. Its her lackluster acting and it shows the same in every role she does. She number #1 in my book of an actress likely succeeding in Hollywood by fucking their way to the top because you know the only reason Harvey Weinstein can like her as much as he does is because of the mouth skills she may have in other departments.

SoNowThen

Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Chest Rockwell

SoNowThen

Haha, I was just thinking, based on GT's above post -- she does have something in her eye. If ya know what I mean...

Gloria

I like Renee Zellweger, especially in Bridget Jones's Diary and White Oleander.  She doesn't have the conventional beauty we all come to expect from actresses, but that helps her stand out.  She was willing to gain weight for BJD, sing for Chicago, and really seems to take her roles seriously.  I think she is very charming onscreen (proven by her role in Jerry McGuire).  And how come when someone dislikes a successful actress, it is immediately thought that she performed certain favors to get where she is?  I find that insulting.

modage

Quote from: GloriaI like Renee Zellweger, especially in Bridget Jones's Diary and Jerry Maguire.
me too, but damn, there's a lot of RZ hate out there.  you'd think she was Jack Black or something?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cine

Quote from: themodernage02me too, but damn, there's a lot of RZ hate out there.  you'd think she was Jack Black or something?
Which reminds me:

Shia LeBeouf Chat tonight at 7pm.