30 Rock (esteemed winner of the 30 Rock vs. Studio 60 deathmatch)

Started by ono, September 18, 2006, 08:00:42 PM

pete

the office is not getting good ratings?  man, I just started to like the American version too!
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

ono

The FNL move is just a one-time thing.  S60 returns the week after with a two-part episode guest starring John Goodman.

RegularKarate

Quote from: kal on October 23, 2006, 09:43:08 AM
I know they already confirmed that FNL will move to their spot Monday at 10pm starting next week. So unless they will try a different day/time and see what happens, its already gone.

Quote from: onomabracadabra on October 23, 2006, 11:57:43 AM
The FNL move is just a one-time thing.  S60 returns the week after with a two-part episode guest starring John Goodman.

Yes, this was already covered.

Quote from: RegularKarate on October 19, 2006, 02:50:00 PM
looks like this is a one time thing... 60 gets a week off to get the far superior FNL a chance at a different timeslot...it's going to still show on Tuesday during it's regular slot.  The network probably just likes FNL more. Good for them.

They're not going to heed any advice though... they wouldn't make those kinds of changes that quickly to a formula they thinks makes the show... too bad.

pete

oh yeah, and Dawn from the Office has like a line in it every other week, whats up with that?
- Buster Keaton

polkablues

Quote from: pete on October 23, 2006, 01:52:50 PM
oh yeah, and Dawn from the Office has like a line in it every other week, whats up with that?

Maybe they could kill off Harriet Hayes and make her a full-time cast member.  I would be up for that.
My house, my rules, my coffee

grand theft sparrow

That would work better than everything on that USA Today list.

Kal

Quote from: pete on October 23, 2006, 11:44:07 AM
the office is not getting good ratings?  man, I just started to like the American version too!

It's doing better than before... but still nothing to compete against other networks on Thursday night. Also it gets less ratings that Earl although they 'go together'.

It got better ratings thanks to all the people who downloaded and were able to catch up with iTunes downloads...

But the show is great... and if we consider that even Seinfeld had so-so ratings until the 4th season, I think this can also get better if it continues to be good.

RegularKarate

Tonight's episode was the most abysmal yet... I can't even kind of watch this show in passing anymore.. Jesus Christ, I can't believe I even kind of liked this at first.

Everyone watch Friday Night Lights tomorrow.. THAT is the show to be watching.

MacGuffin

Quote from: RegularKarate on October 23, 2006, 11:48:04 PMTonight's episode was the most abysmal yet...

Boy, have they dumbed down Peet's character. You now really have to wonder how is she the head of the network?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffin on October 24, 2006, 01:07:33 AM
Boy, have they dumbed down with Peet's character. You now really have to wonder how is she the head of the network still getting roles?

fixed.
under the paving stones.

Raikus

Best word I can think of characterizing last night's ep: vapid.

I guess my faith in Sorkin was misplaced. It started off well enough, and coupled with the experience of West Wing and Sports Night factored in, I thought that it'd find its place pretty quick. Last night offered the perfect setup for it to redeem itself - a wrap party - lots of character interaction, no "comedy" sketches. Well, it didn't work. I was, for the first time, very bored with the show.

I'm right there with RK, except add BSG to the best show you should be watching category.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

pete

I dunno what bsg stands for but thank you everyone, I'm right about everything.
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Quote from: RegularKarate on October 23, 2006, 11:48:04 PMEveryone watch Friday Night Lights tomorrow.. THAT is the show to be watching.

I'm sorry, RK. I tried, but I felt like I needed to take Dramamine before watching. Was the camera having a seizure? It was far too distracting to concentrate on the story.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Raikus

I was flipping through and caught part of it last night. Mac's right. I only saw the supermarket scene where she was checking out with all the ribs but it's like they tied the camera to a gym rope and let it swing. Is it always like that or was Greengrass just directing that episode?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.