rustin's pictures

Started by rustinglass, September 14, 2006, 05:07:36 PM

rustinglass

I went there on the 3rd week of july, and stayed for only 5 days or so. It was really nice to return there.
I showed my (ex)-girlfriend (we've broken up since) around town, and was amazed at myself for remembering the ways to go so well, without a map, I felt like it was my town.
I want to go back, but i'd like to visit some other place first. Prague maybe.

By the way, Lisbon is a cheap plane ticket away from there, and you must come here while you're in europe.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Pubrick

Quote from: rustinglass on August 30, 2007, 07:32:23 PM
Second trip to Barcelona:

i like your style. double exposure works really well here,.
under the paving stones.

rustinglass

thanks. I like the unpredictability of it, even more when I take night shots with different coloured flashes.

some shots from the summer:

"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

The Perineum Falcon

i can't hear what you're saying, the blue is too loud.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

rustinglass

-Emir Kusturica

mogwai

rustinglass

first black and white film (35mm):

I used my Holga camera. It was developed at my friend's house with expired chemicals. I think I messed up... but still it's fun to see the sprocket holes
-Emir Kusturica

ElPandaRoyal

These don't seem messed up at all. I like them a lot, although I'm really a big fan of those colors, as you know. The ones on the beach are quite amazing (and no, I'm not just saying that because I'm a perv).
Si

rustinglass

thanks. I used kodak E100-VS film and had it cross-processed. I really love the colour results.
Yesterday I loaded a roll of proper medium format black and white film on the camera, but haven't taken any pictures yet...
-Emir Kusturica

rustinglass

-Emir Kusturica

Chest Rockwell

Excellent. It's always good to see someone experimenting with the medium. Your double-exposures in particular are really cool. Reminds me of http://www.ryanmcginley.com/irregular_regulars.php. I've wanted to mess with a toy camera for a while but haven't yet; always seemed like a lot of fun. Anyways, keep on messing with this shit - the results thus far are intriguing.

rustinglass

Thanks Chest. I liked that Link.
Here are some new ones that I like.

Alson I bought an old Zenit-E 35mm camera.. vcery cheap, I like it a lot... still learning how it works though. Will post it's pictures.
-Emir Kusturica

Chest Rockwell

Start haunting estate sales and what-not. I once picked up several cameras from one:

Argus C3 Rangefinder 35mm
Kodak Retinette Rangefinder 35mm
Kodak No.1 Autographic Jr. for 120 film (from 1917!)
Kodak EK4 Instant Camera
Polaroid 320 Land Camera
and a couple box cameras, some lighting equipment that doesn't work, etc.

Anyways, not bad. Even the dustiness of the film, despite its accidental quality, fits your aesthetic. It's like technical ability is irrelevant with your style (you don't seem too concerned with formal qualities...and these days I don't think precision is necessary to be successful if the photo is beautiful), but it's not simply snapshot photography, either. Beautiful!

rustinglass

Thank you. actually the "dust" is scratches on the scanner. i don't have one myself, so I use the one in my department in the university. It's not in the best shape....

The holga is very inpredictable and very hard to control. I think that these last "twin effect" double exposures represent the most control and understanding I have of it. Especially the first two. They are exactly what I wanted them to be.
-Emir Kusturica