CAMERON CROWES ALL TIME TOP 10

Started by modage, June 08, 2003, 11:21:58 PM

modage

im putting up a few lists on our directors favorite movies, cause i think its interesting.  according to Sight and Sounds yearly poll, here are Crowes.....

-THE APARTMENT (Wilder)
-LA REGLE DU JEU (Renoir)
-LA DOLCE VITA (Fellini)
-MANHATTAN (Allen)
-THE BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES (Wyler)
-TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD (Mulligan)
-HAROLD AND MAUDE (Ashby)
-PULP FICTION (Tarantino)
-QUADROPHENIA (Roddam)
-NINOTCHKA (Lubbisch)
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

he just updated his list and now his fav film of all time is juwanna mann

jokerspath

I wonder what his top ten records are...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Ghostboy

Quote from: jokerspathI wonder what his top ten records are...

The Juwanna Mann soundtrack (times ten)

neatahwanta

Quote from: themodernage02-TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD (Mulligan)
[/b]

I always wondered what the film geeks thought of this movie...its one of my favorites, and I think it still works today.

Myxo

Quote from: themodernage02im putting up a few lists on our directors favorite movies, cause i think its interesting.  according to Sight and Sounds yearly poll, here are Crowes.....

-THE APARTMENT (Wilder)
-LA DOLCE VITA (Fellini)
-MANHATTAN (Allen)
-QUADROPHENIA (Roddam)
-NINOTCHKA (Lubbisch)

What a wierd list. All those foreign/old films, and then Tarantino?

ono

Most of the other directors' and critics' lists from Sight & Sound are snobby "wah-wah, great-films-died-with-the-seventies" crap.  At least something from the nineties was recognized, even if it wasn't Magnolia.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I agree, the 90's may have had movies like Police Academy 5: Mission to Moscow, but it did produce a few greats like Resevoir Dogs (while on the topic of Tarantino).  Everything dies off after a while, because it's all been done before.  However, newer generations haven't seen it all, and sometimes need reinterpretations.

Sadly, Shakespeare gets butchered in this way.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

Shakespeare wrote Police Academy 5?  wow, you really do learn something new everyday.  :shock:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: themodernage02im putting up a few lists on our directors favorite movies, cause i think its interesting.  according to Sight and Sounds yearly poll, here are Crowes.....

-THE APARTMENT (Wilder)
-LA DOLCE VITA (Fellini)
-MANHATTAN (Allen)
-QUADROPHENIA (Roddam)
-NINOTCHKA (Lubbisch)

Surprised he didn't put STOLEN KISSES on his list.  Or was it not on the big list?