The Video Rental Thread

Started by Gold Trumpet, April 06, 2003, 10:56:11 AM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Are you kidding? The features are phenomenal.  It comes with the stageplay it was based on.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Went to a couple of libraries and a Hollywood Video.  It's finals week and I get out of school at 12 PM every day.  Most of the tests should be pretty easy so I'm not worrying very much.  And now the films:

Smiles of a Summer Night and Freaks are on VHS.  Ararat and Blade Runner are really scratched up, which worries me.  The only one of these I've seen before is Blade Runner. 
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

picolas

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

JG

can't remember the last time i watched a movie on video. 

hedwig

Ravi

Ravi

(disc 5)

And to make myself feel particularly intelligent...

Ravi

The Miracle of Morgan's Creek
Equus
Solaris (Tarkovsky)

Ravi

The Ladykillers (original)
Fellini Satyricon
Being There
Winter Light
The Good Father
Heaven Can Wait

modage

Quote from: Ravi on August 18, 2006, 01:35:25 PM
Heaven Can Wait
thats funny, this is on its way from netflix right now for me as well.  never seen it. 

i've also got Kiss Me, Stupid and Inside Man at home.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Fernando

Yesterday's conversation with my girlfriend:

gf: I love it!
me: :puke-sound:
gf: you never like anything
me: of course, just take a look at that boxset [points to sk boxset]
gf:  :yabbse-rolleyes:
me: it's sex and the city in a hospital
gf: it's not
me: it has the annoying worthless narration and tries to be too cute
gf: not every show is Six Feet Under, but whatever, 20 more episodes to come
me:  :yabbse-angry: [wonders who at xixax would be with him]

SiliasRuby

Grey's Anatomy really is a terrible overmelodramaticsoap opera and not in a good way. Even Sex in the city has better writing than this show. The negative about this, is that this show may manipulate the weak into watching another episode. But your gf is right, not every show can be six feet under, thank god. That show stands on it's own.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection