The One I Love

Started by Tictacbk, July 23, 2014, 07:50:12 PM

Tictacbk

The One I Love

Release Date: August 22nd, 2014
Directed by: Charlie McDowell
Written by: Justin Lader
Starring:  Elisabeth Moss, Mark Duplass

Struggling with a marriage on the brink of falling apart, a couple escapes for a weekend in pursuit of their better selves, only to discover an unusual dilemma that awaits them.

Tictacbk

I can't help but feel like everyone is ignoring this movie that looks awesome. Is there a duplicate thread somewhere?

Axolotl

This makes it two movies I'm looking forward to this year that have Elisabeth Moss in them(the other one being Listen Up Philip).

Also this is funny-

Fernando

^^ also, that quote is from our boy modage.

Tictacbk

SPOILER (KIND OF)

Now that I've seen this movie, my post above seems like a pretty good joke.

modage

Quote from: Fernando on July 27, 2014, 08:18:21 PM
^^ also, that quote is from our boy modage.
Ha, most random pull-quote ever.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Doodlebug2000

this is a brilliant film that is simple at face value but has so many facets and deep layers and intricacies.

i can't think of many other films that provide the twist at the beginning AND the end, rather than introducing it as the obvious premise or point of the movie.

go into it blindly, one of the top ten of 2014, definitely.

also one of the top perfect film titles of all time.

Pedro

I loved this.  Like 03 suggested, you can dig in if you want.  I thought it offered some great insight about we want out of our partners. 

It's not perfect.  I think it loses its footing a bit at one point, but I was so excited through the whole thing that I'm gonna look the other way.  We can discuss that once the spoilers start flowing. 

Bonus:  one of the best original scores I've heard in a very long time.  Go see this!