What are we reading?

Started by edison, September 21, 2003, 11:20:03 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

Is there anything new in that? God, their comics are the best.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

I just finished

and about to start

The Devil in The White City
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Reel

I might have to read that sometime after the holidays of course. Manson is the creepiest person alive, everything he says is just nuts and yet I can still understand how impressionable young people could go along with it.

Neil

The craziest thing is his attitude towards it.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Reel

he gives me the heeby jeebies

Neil

^ and he writes his own music

SiliasRuby

I got Charlie's whole album from 1969. If you want it let me know.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Reel

you mean the one that was so important he put out that he literally killed for it? It makes me sick hearing his rambling ass song. He made a much better psychopath than a musician.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

If you mean LIE: The Love and Terror Cult, it is actually pretty fun and poppy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpx4ODP35VQ&feature=related

I mean, really, he's not as total a wreck as he's often portrayed.  I'm also not here to be his ambassador and suggest that he's necessarily sane or a role model in any sense.  I just think somehow he's become synonymous with ridiculous standards of batshit craziness.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

pete

I'm really into the genre of non-fiction novels.  American authors are still good at something.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

cronopio 2

has anyone had theses phases in your life when the idea of reading an entire book is obnoxious? i hate it , you're never supposed to admit it, but sometimes reading is so unenjoyable to me, even if i enjoy writing all sorts of stupid things for myself. there. i hope it doesn't last soon.

picolas

Neil

Quote from: cronopio 2 on December 23, 2010, 08:43:51 PM
has anyone had theses phases in your life when the idea of reading an entire book is obnoxious? i hate it , you're never supposed to admit it, but sometimes reading is so unenjoyable to me, even if i enjoy writing all sorts of stupid things for myself. there. i hope it doesn't last soon.

This happened to me for the first 14 yrs of my life.  Then i decided the special ed class wasn't the place for me.

cronopio 2

hahaha , i'm sorry picolas. i was in a very fucked up state when i wrote that.

edit: god, i wish i had written "i hope it don't last soon" to make it perfect.