Celebrities Gone Wild

Started by MacGuffin, September 18, 2004, 05:48:48 PM

Pas

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 19, 2009, 12:48:26 AM
holy shit kudos to him for speaking the hard to hear/say truth about the unperfectness of freedom. Very cool of him, would have been way easier to be phony and praise HK and Taiwan.

Hahaha most definitely a drunk post ...but still I might've misread the news or Jacky Chan was misinterpreted or I don't know. I was not under the impression that he was actually saying ''freedom is bad'' but more ''society needs control, and especially a 1 billion people society''

anyway that's what I was praising but I don't know what he really said, so ...yeah

pete

what the fuck does he know about the plight of 1.1 billion people?  recognizing the imperfection of "freedom" (whatever the fuck that means) seems a little different from suggesting that an entire race of people are not genetically entitled to what he and the rest of the world enjoy.  he's not saying all societies need centralized control; but the Chinese do not deserve freedom.
and for dude with a Taiwanese wife, who had to hide in Taiwan when the triads were after him in the 80s, who carved his entire career out of Hong Kong when America was shitting on him, he had a lotta balls to shit on those two places like that.  BUT THAT's JUST JACKIE!
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Neil

anyone who thinks that the words that come out of Jackie Chan's mouth are worth discussing is ridiculous to begin with.  I believe he should have stopped when he said "I'm really confused" because in the same fucking passage he states people need to be controlled, however people also need to come up with their own style.  I'm not sure if we need to bring genetics into Jackie Chan not knowing what the fuck he's talking about.

i think that's just Jackie, and by "just Jackie" i mean any celeb who thinks the ignorant string of words out their mouths is relevant or meaningful.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Pozer

Quote from: Neil on April 19, 2009, 03:26:33 PM
I believe he Neil should have stopped when he said "I'm really confused" anyone who thinks that the words that come out of Jackie Chan's mouth are worth discussing is ridiculous to begin with because in the same fucking passage post he states people need to be controlled, however people also need to come up with their own style discusses them. 

hedwig

Quote from: polkablues on April 18, 2009, 03:14:34 PM
Chan's comments drew applause from a predominantly Chinese audience of business leaders

NUFF
SAID

Pas

hahaha yeah

---

pete : I read what you say and I totally agree, I was out of line ... I thought what he said could be more philosophical like : ''chinese believe that freedom will solve all problems but absolute freedom would bring chaos because of XYZ'' but now I realize it is not the case.

Neil

Quote from: Pozer on April 19, 2009, 04:11:12 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 19, 2009, 03:26:33 PM
I believe he Neil should have stopped when he said "I'm really confused" anyone who thinks that the words that come out of Jackie Chan's mouth are worth discussing is ridiculous to begin with because in the same fucking passage post he states people need to be controlled, however people also need to come up with their own style discusses them. 

i just don't know what this message board would be/do without you.

:bravo:

pete

I just saw the interview in Chinese.  He was just kinda rambling and he backpedaled a little bit and finally he stopped himself.  It wasn't a big applause either, it seemed like the crowd was amused by his rambling.  I didn't recognize the other people on the panel, but he seemed outta place. 
- Buster Keaton

pete

- Buster Keaton

SiliasRuby

The celeb would have gone wild if the burglars stayed....so hilarious and fantastic.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

RegularKarate

Thank you, Pete, my sketch troupe has a new sketch now.

MacGuffin

Terminator Salvation director McG says he's the biggest d--k in Hollywood
Source: SciFi Wire

As we reported in January, the relationship between Terminator Salvation director McG and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen director Michael Bay has been a heated one. Bay has accused McG of mimicking his film's giant robots, to which McG fired back, "We'll see who the last man standing is."

Now McG has taken the war of the words between competing directors of summer blockbusters to the next level, according to men.style.com, which is the online home of the print magazines Details and GQ.

When the subject of Michael Bay came up, McG surprised his interviewer by saying, "Michael Bay has a big c--k, but I'd like to believe mine is bigger."

The director then smiled and added, "If he's up for it, we can both reveal ourselves on the Spartacus steps at Universal and put the question to rest."

As of this writing, Bay has not responded to McG's offer.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Neil

(insert gigantic Carlin Joke here)]

"what? they have bigger dicks?!!! BOMB'EM!"

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection