Phantom Thread

Started by wilder, June 02, 2016, 08:21:51 PM

Robyn

is this the favorite for the best soundtrack Oscar?

WorldForgot

Quote from: boogienights on January 04, 2018, 08:27:34 PM
It's a little bit of a bummer given IV was shown at the dome, but at the same time Phantom Thread is 1.85:1 doesn't need that huge auditorium.

IV is 1:85, too.

boogienights

Quote from: WorldForgot on January 07, 2018, 07:48:09 PM
Quote from: boogienights on January 04, 2018, 08:27:34 PM
It's a little bit of a bummer given IV was shown at the dome, but at the same time Phantom Thread is 1.85:1 doesn't need that huge auditorium.

IV is 1:85, too.

Yeah.

Saw it before I got into film making so I had no idea the difference between scope and flat.

Interesting how he's gone 1.85 since The Master after more or less a career in anamorphic scope.

I usually prefer scope, but he's a master frame composer, either ratios look incredible in his movies.

While it would be cool to have Phantom Thread in the dome, let's be honest-- Star Wars is a big scope action flick, while I hated it, it's okay that it's in the dome. Not like Phantom Thread was looking shabby in 70mm in Cinema 3, in fact I thought it was an incredible presentation. 

WorldForgot

Also, Arclight has that comfortable space between front row and the Image.
All the better for breathing in the House of Woodcock.

Drenk

Ascension.

boogienights

Quote from: WorldForgot on January 07, 2018, 08:39:13 PM
Also, Arclight has that comfortable space between front row and the Image.
All the better for breathing in the House of Woodcock.

Better theater than Landmark. I know a lot of people, including film makers, love the landmark, but I never really feel like I"m getting as good of an experience compared to the Arclight, mostly in terms of sound.

Drenk

"Three-time Oscar-winning actor Daniel Day-Lewis will be in Athens for the premiere of his new film Phantom Thread on Feb. 1, at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center."
Ascension.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alethia

I think this is easily Greenwood's best work, and I've been listening to the Master OST regularly since it came out.

greenberryhill

I found these tv spots, they have some footage i haven´t seen in other teasers or trailers so be careful for MINOR SPOILERS.

Something Spanish

Six more days wait for me, tortuous.

d

Quote from: Mogambo on January 13, 2018, 11:46:04 AM
Need to watch it before the Oscars.

Why before the Oscars? It's your choice but you really wanna spoil the experience by watching poor quality screener? Look at the trailers or at least the thumbnails if you're staying away from the trailers and clips!

And from what I've read the screener may not leak anyway - this has something to do with the limited number of screeners being sent and those sent being audio watermarked but I might be wrong.

samsong

soundtrack on spotify now.

csage97

Phantom Thread is finally playing at my local theatre on Friday. I'm so happy. :') I got a ticket for a screening just after noon in the best seat in the house.