Anybody ever actually work on a movie?

Started by Duck Sauce, February 26, 2003, 02:00:03 AM

bonanzataz

I'm going to be a PA on the Daniel Day Lewis movie this July. I forget the name, his wife is directing it. It's mentioned in the Women Directors thread. It shoots in Maine, I've heard only a few miles away from the Aviator shoot. SWEET!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

phil marlowe

Quote from: bonanzatazIt shoots in Maine

Aw...Stephen King land...

Newtron

Quote from: polkabluesthe fat kid from "Magnolia".

I wanna know what Julia's up to, she's good.

av8raaron

I was an accidental extra in Kingpin, which is to say that I'm a blotch of light in the background.  I was a boy scout selling Christmas trees in Reno, NV when the car went by.
Fresh buttered toast.

picolas

picolas is running away from Henry Winkler. that's all he's going to say.

sphinx

Quote from: picolaspicolas is running away from Henry Winkler. that's all he's going to say.

i've seen the tape of this, it's hysterical

Ernie

Quote from: Newtron
Quote from: polkabluesthe fat kid from "Magnolia".

I wanna know what Julia's up to, she's good.

Who's the women that accompany's Stanley and the kids and assists them? The one that Stanley talks about the weather with. Is she in any other cool movies? She's seems like a good actress.

MacGuffin

Quote from: ebeaman69Who's the women that accompany's Stanley and the kids and assists them? The one that Stanley talks about the weather with. Is she in any other cool movies? She's seems like a good actress.

Felicity Huffman, she's married to William H. Macy.

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Huffman,+Felicity
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Quote from: sphinx
Quote from: picolaspicolas is running away from Henry Winkler. that's all he's going to say.

i've seen the tape of this, it's hysterical

Does it look anything like this?

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

snaporaz

i met quentin tarantino once. he's a douchebag in real life.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: snaporazi met quentin tarantino once. he's a douchebag in real life.
How so?

snaporaz

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: snaporazi met quentin tarantino once. he's a douchebag in real life.
How so?

i went to his "qt5" festival in austin a couple years ago.

i wasn't like "oh, mr. tarantino! i've seen all your movies! can i have your autograph?!". i didn't even go up to him. but during an intermission, i was getting some coffee and so was he, so i simply asked "when do you think your next movie [referring to kill bill] will be coming out?" and he gives me this single-sentence response "i haven't even finished writing it yet" in the most rude and asshole-ish tone...as if it was common knowledge or something.

he seemed to only be cool if you were totally kissing his ass. like between every movie, he'd be speaking to a bunch of brown-nosers standing in a half circle aound him just listening to him talk. no discussions, just them listening to him talk about himself.

i did, however, meet harry knowles. nice, nice guy. i just wanted his picture and nothing else, and i took it, and then he started talking to me. you know, just being a friendly joe.

jtm

I've heard his set's are the most comfortable to work on.  He takes the grips out for beers after work.

Ernie

Quote from: snaporaz
Quote from: Duck Sauce
How so?

i went to his "qt5" festival in austin a couple years ago.

i wasn't like "oh, mr. tarantino! i've seen all your movies! can i have your autograph?!". i didn't even go up to him. but during an intermission, i was getting some coffee and so was he, so i simply asked "when do you think your next movie [referring to kill bill] will be coming out?" and he gives me this single-sentence response "i haven't even finished writing it yet" in the most rude and asshole-ish tone...as if it was common knowledge or something.

he seemed to only be cool if you were totally kissing his ass. like between every movie, he'd be speaking to a bunch of brown-nosers standing in a half circle aound him just listening to him talk. no discussions, just them listening to him talk about himself.

i did, however, meet harry knowles. nice, nice guy. i just wanted his picture and nothing else, and i took it, and then he started talking to me. you know, just being a friendly joe.

Lol, I totally wouldn't even be able to help but suck up to him if I met him...being the geek that I am.

RegularKarate

Quote from: snaporazi wasn't like "oh, mr. tarantino! i've seen all your movies! can i have your autograph?!". i didn't even go up to him. but during an intermission, i was getting some coffee and so was he, so i simply asked "when do you think your next movie [referring to kill bill] will be coming out?" and he gives me this single-sentence response "i haven't even finished writing it yet" in the most rude and asshole-ish tone...as if it was common knowledge or something.

I still haven't been to one of those (living in Austin, I would love to though), but I hear he always preludes it with "this is like my church, okay?" basically saying that he doesn't want to sign autographs or talk about what he's doing next or any interviews, he's just there to watch some films.

Not saying you fucked up or anything, just saying that I've heard that's his attitude toward the event.