Ozzie seriously hurt in ATV spill

Started by freakerdude, December 09, 2003, 02:34:43 AM

freakerdude

Ozzy Osbourne Badly Injured in Crash in England
Mon December 8, 2003 08:00 PM ET  

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Rocker Ozzy Osbourne underwent emergency surgery at a hospital in Britain after suffering serious injuries in an all-terrain vehicle crash on the grounds of his estate in Buckinghamshire, his publicist said on Monday.
"During examination, doctors found that Ozzy had broken his collarbone, six ribs and a vertebra in his neck," publicist Cindy Guagenti said in a brief written statement, which added that the injuries were not considered life threatening.

"Ozzy is currently undergoing emergency surgery to lift the collarbone which is believed to be resting on a major artery interrupting blood flow to his arm," Guagenti said in the statement. "Surgeons are also working to alleviate some bleeding into his lungs."

The 55-year-old heavy metal rocker was injured while riding the all-terrain vehicle during a day off from promoting his new single, a duet with his daughter Kelly titled "Changes."

Local police said that a man had been injured after an accident on a so-called quad bike but would not confirm that it was Osbourne -- who stars with his wife Sharon and two of their children on the MTV reality series "The Osbournes."

The Birmingham, England-born Osbourne first shot to fame as lead singer of Black Sabbath.
MC Pee Pants

Kal

man that sucks... I hope he will be ok... a guy like him cant die on a fucking car accident... is just not right! there are so many other cooler ways  :twisted:

Sigur Rós

Bye bye Europe tour  :cry: Get well Ozzy. Just keep those burritos coming that should make you feel better.

Thecowgoooesmooo

Anyone else laugh when they read this? What a fool! Next story you will hear about is Ozzy being injured while snowboarding down Mount Everest. This old man needs to retire.

chris

mogwai

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAA!!!!!

©brad

Quote from: ThecowgoooesmoooAnyone else laugh when they read this? What a fool! Next story you will hear about is Ozzy being injured while snowboarding down Mount Everest. This old man needs to retire.

dude, the man was seriously hurt. have sum respect. geez.

RegularKarate

Evidently he's "in stable condition and comfortable"... the best thing to come out of this story is his doctor's name:  "Dr. Dick Jack"

jtm

ozzie's the last person that should be allowed to operate heavy machinery.

mogwai

nme.com:

"ozzy could have died after quad crash", claims wife

ozzy osbourne could have died after his quad crash, his wife sharon has claimed.

as previously reported on nme.com, ozzy broke eight ribs, his collarbone and cracked a vertebra in his neck when he crashed his quad-bike on his buckinghamshire estate on monday. he was taken to the nearby wexham park hospital where he had emergency surgery to correct the collarbone and fix damaged blood vessels.

sharon has said that had it not been for ozzy's security guard, things could've been a lot worse.

she told the mirror newspaper today: "he has got horrendous injuries to his body. his whole body is traumatised. he was on his quad bike and he was just driving around our farmland. the ground was uneven and he fell off and the bike landed on top of him.

"he was very lucky as he was with his security guard. he had stopped breathing for a minute-and-a-half and there was no pulse. but thank god the security guard was there to revive him. he resuscitated him and got him breathing and his pulse going again. we are so, so grateful to him."

speaking yesterday to reporters, his daughter kelly said that ozzy gave her the "thumbs up" from his bed.

she said: "he gave me the thumbs up and stuck his tongue out at me. he woke up today. he couldn't talk because of the tube in his mouth but he was able to mouth words. he told us that he loved us. he has been complaining about the nurses so we know he's all right. he was in a field and there was grass covering a hole and the bike went in the hole and fell on top of him."

TheVoiceOfNick

I don't really feel bad for him... I bet you anything that this was a stunt for the show, and it just went wrong... that's what they get for trying to act stupid on TV... they should have just kept the show "real" and not staged like everything is now...

Sigur Rós

Fuck! I misred it the first time I thought it said "ozzy have died after quad crash". Wauv, never felt a adrenaline rush like that in a long time.....

ono

Osbourne Considered Murdering Thief
Rocker Ozzy Osbourne considered murdering a thief Monday night who stole his wife Sharon Osbourne's wedding ring and a sapphire "survival" jewel celebrating her successful battle with cancer. The former Black Sabbath star held the intruder in a headlock and dangled him out of a window of his Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire, mansion, 30 feet above the ground. And the 55-year-old rocker admits he was tempted to break the burglar's neck and pretend it was an accident, before the robber dropped to the ground and escaped with irreplaceable jewelry worth more than $4 million. He says, "I dived and grabbed him. I had him in a headlock, the rest of his body was dangling out of the window. He was choking. He was scared, so was I. I didn't know if he had a knife or a gun. I thought for a mad split second, 'I could snap your neck like a straw, snap it and let you fall and say it was an accident.' But then I just let him drop, I couldn't kill him, I couldn't live with that on my conscience. There is so much love in these things, and these people have taken our love away as if it is worthless."
~IMDb.com

I like the unfortunate wording of the title.