Ask Thrindle

Started by Gold Trumpet, July 05, 2004, 10:14:34 PM

Thrindle

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetWhat is your dream job?
I'll say it... but let's all remember that it's just a dream... it'll never happen...
A chain-smoking non-fiction writer living in the South of France.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetHow much of your earlier life dreams are you willing to let go of for a lil simple happiness and contentment?
Am I willing to live in a trailer with 5 snot-nosed kids with my front teeth missing?  No... even if I was content with the fact that I wasn't dead, and even if I was happy that I was on welfare.  I would, however, be more than happy to live in a small town.  I'd be willing to make a comfortable living.  And I'd be willing to forego dreams of fame and fortune... just to be genuinely happy and content.
The one thing that I would not give up is my education.  No matter how much I bitch and moan about papers being due... I'm proud of the education I'm getting - it makes me feel whole.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetWhat is your biggest vice?
I will try to make someone else happy at my own expense.  I'm also way too judgmental.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetWhat do you feel you are missing out the most in life right now?
A Canadian boyfriend.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetWhats the best way to spend a quiet evening with someone close to you?
I spent this one evening once... I watched a movie with a guy, and then we went for a late night walk.  We ended up swinging on the swings of a nearby playground in the darkness, and then we lay in the dewy grass and watched the stars.  
I wouldn't mind a scenario similar to this in some foreign country...

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetCan life under the roof of simple living, simple arrangements and simple desires be as fruitful in living as life when one is young and free?
I do not think that sharing my life with somone I love - my best friend - is any less fruitful than being single, and alone, and young.  Being young and free is a little overrated.  HAVING SAID THAT, I do believe that being in coupledom with someone does not mean that one must forfeit their individuality.  I would be happy living a simple happy life, instead of the one that is young and free and filled with booze, drugs, and aimless nameless faces.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetSomeone once told me that smiles for those older in age come in smiles on the inside more than the outside. Do you believe that?
Yes I do.  When we are young we are smiling on the outside to hide pain and mask ourselves.  Many times our smiles are ones born of insecurity and created as defense mechanisms... it's only as we get older that our smiles become more genuine.  It is only when we are older that they can be on the inside because we are so comfortable within ourselves.
Who told you that saying?

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetWhat would the setting be for your own ideal postcard that would both encapsulate who you are and what you also dream of?
I would like a postcard of the front of a cafe in France.
Classic.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: ThrindleIt probably was your fault though.  All that injection action pushes air into the nether-regions and it makes a noise when it finally comes out.

So how does one prevent against this, then?  (I had to get curious)
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Thrindle

Quote from: Walrus, Kookookajoob
Quote from: ThrindleIt probably was your fault though.  All that injection action pushes air into the nether-regions and it makes a noise when it finally comes out.

So how does one prevent against this, then?  (I had to get curious)

Ok...  other than saying "there is no prevention"... I do have one idea (although sooner or later, an admin is gonna give me hell for all my sex advice):

Because air gets pushed in with every exit and entry... my advice is to keep inside man.  No pulling out.  And if this doesn't work... get over it!  The act of sex is so ridiculous anyways EVERYONE NEEDS A SENSE OF HUMOR!
Classic.

kotte

Quote from: Thrindle
Quote from: kotteSo my girlfriend...I should do what? Tell her...? Tell her to haul ass???
I prefer: "Suck my dick bitch!"

I have huge problems with talking in bed. Listen I do well but I feel so self-consious when I talk about what I want. I feel lame...
I try to push and pull her in the right direction or whatever but that makes me even more self-consious...like "now I'm too chicken to talk or what??"

Quote from: ThrindleToo many guys think they know what they're doing, when in fact, they don't.  

Same goes for girls?

Thrindle

Quote from: kotte
Quote from: Thrindle
Quote from: kotteSo my girlfriend...I should do what? Tell her...? Tell her to haul ass???
I prefer: "Suck my dick bitch!"

I have huge problems with talking in bed. Listen I do well but I feel so self-consious when I talk about what I want. I feel lame...
I try to push and pull her in the right direction or whatever but that makes me even more self-consious...like "now I'm too chicken to talk or what??"
The "push and pull" method can be a little awkward.  It's too ambiguous... and when you push some girl's head down there, you run the risk of pissing her off big time.  I personally am not a fan of being pushed or pulled - but that's just me!  Kotte, what can I say?  My only advice to get around the talking issue, is to at least signal what you like.  If whatever she's doing, is being done right, it might help if you make that known (moaning, whatever).  Then at least she knows she's on the right track, and the fact that you're enjoying it gives her confidence.

Quote from: kotte
Quote from: ThrindleToo many guys think they know what they're doing, when in fact, they don't.  

Same goes for girls?
Damn straight same for girls!  (that's why we need communication)
Classic.

mogwai

Quote from: ThrindleI would like a postcard of the front of a cafe in France.
why in france?

Thrindle

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: ThrindleI would like a postcard of the front of a cafe in France.
why in france?
It's more interesting, romantic, classic, poetic, dream-like than my suburb of Vancouver.
But I suppose I could get a postcard of Van and sit outside Starbucks with my grande-no-fat-no-sugar-vanilla-latte to try and get the same ambiance...  just by looking at it -blah.

Seriously though, I've only been to England and I really want to see the rest of Europe...  I guess I yearn for it...  And that's not the cool thing to do these days.  Europe has somehow lost it's appeal to Thailand, and Australia.  WHERE ARE THE CATHEDRALS DAMMIT?!
Classic.

rustinglass

You must see Lisbon sometime. It's a beautiful city.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Quote from: ThrindleWHERE ARE THE CATHEDRALS DAMMIT?!

Jerusalem
context, context, context.

Just Withnail

This thread has been kind enough to grant me a perfect mental image of kotte having sex.

meatball

Quote from: ...& IThis thread has been kind enough to grant me a perfect mental image of kotte having sex.

I have the image of kotte politely asking his girlfriend to please do something for him while having sex.

A Matter Of Chance

I feel really awkward posting in this thread.

If someone writes "Thanks, love" does it mean they're calling you love, or they're giving you love?

Have you seen The Last Tango In Paris, and if so, do you have any thoughts on it?

How do you show love?

Bill Clinton. What are your thoughts on him?[/i]

Thrindle

Quote from: A Matter Of ChanceI feel really awkward posting in this thread.
Don't bother.  I figure this is an awkward-free zone.  Seriously!  I mean, I've admitted some of my sins, and gawd knows everyone else has too... so really, it's no big deal.

Quote from: A Matter Of ChanceIf someone writes "Thanks, love" does it mean they're calling you love, or they're giving you love?
Uh... Whichever one it is, it is definately a sentiment of affection.  If that had been me writing it would have meant I was giving love.  But this is coming from a girl who has been known to shout out "love me!" on a whim.

Quote from: A Matter Of ChanceHave you seen The Last Tango In Paris, and if so, do you have any thoughts on it?
Rented this one yesterday... never got to finish it.  Will have it watched by tomorrow.

Quote from: A Matter Of ChanceHow do you show love?
This question feels like an impossibility to answer.  I could start with the basics:  I hug, I use pet names (whatever comes to mind and seems to stick), I'm a hand holder, I'm a playfighter, I'm a tickler... these are my childish love impulses.  But to be honest, a huge part of me giving love is showing someone who I really am.  That sounds self absorbed, but  I will only allow someone I truly love, into the space that I fill.  I've had one of those odd lives that doesn't seem to always match up... the people I love get the puzzle put together for them - willingly.  

Quote from: A Matter Of ChanceBill Clinton. What are your thoughts on him?
Too charismatic for his own good... and oddly sexy.  (I'm not a Poli Sci major if that's the kind of answer you were looking for)

Thrindle is really sad today.  GT got dropped off at the airport this afternoon.  You know that feeling when you walk into your house (after someone has left) and it just feels so empty?  I feel a little empty.  Probably shouldn't share this with Xixax... but then again, it's Xixax's fault that we even met...
Classic.

kotte

"Where can I find someone to love me?"

Gold Trumpet

What's your favorite video game? Do you like cats? In the DVD Talk thread, I've posted specs for each of the 4 films being released by Criterion in October in the Criterion News thread (look at last page) and so my question is, of the 4 new films being released, which one interests you most and why? What's worst: guys trying to get girls naked at a party or guys trying to get girls to do beer bongs? Does life feel suffocating at all and if so, why? Considering our society is inflitrated by a dominance of judeo-christian ethics, illustrate how your own beliefs on ethics and morals collide or coinside with the those beliefs most people believe in.