Ask Thrindle

Started by Gold Trumpet, July 05, 2004, 10:14:34 PM

meatwad

how do you feel about mix tapes?

RegularKarate

Don't you find that candles and bubble baths are effin' lame and unimaginative?

Thrindle

Quote from: kotteHow do you wanna die?
Peacefully, without trauma.  Falling asleep would be nice.  (though this is unrealistic since I smoke, and will probably have lung cancer by age 32)

Quote from: kotteMost horrible way of dying?
Being raped and murdered.

Quote from: kotteDescribe the boy of your dreams.
He is open-minded, honest, and in touch with his "feelings".  My perfect man is someone who has personal integrity and confidence.  I want someone who doesn't buy into the status quo, and can think outside the box.  Someone who can accept me, and love me, despite my many flaws and imperfections...

Quote from: kotteHurt or get hurt?
I would much rather be hurt.  I have been hurt enough in this lifetime to realise that absolutely nothing will kill me.  Yes, I may get knocked down and question my ability to get back up... but in the end some form of me always remains.  Hurting someone else causes me much more pain than dealing with my own feelings.  In fact, I spend too much of my life trying not to hurt other people.

Quote from: kotteHow different are we?
Well Kotte, I believe that no means no...   :-D

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetDo you believe in the term "soul mates" and everything people hype that up to be?
Well GT, no I don't.  People change so much in their lives that at certain times some people are a better fit than others.  That isn't to say that I don't believe in loving a person, and working with them, to remain together.  "Soul Mates" is a term devoid of many aspects of a relationship.  It is used in such a way that a relationship does not need trust, understanding, and compromise, as it's basis.  I believe that if you are willing to work together on a partnership, a person can then be your "one and only" for life.   Oh fuck, who am I kidding.  Yeah, you can have an everlasting connection with someone despite all of the above.  Whether or not it permits a relationship to work out though... is as I said before.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetScenario: After a long day a work, a woman comes home to find her apartment candle lit, a bubble bath drawn and dinner already prepared for her by her gracious boyfriend. Now, question, is there anything better than this?
There is absolutely nothing better than this...
Actually, there is something better than this:
Same scenario... still performed after 20 years together.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetIs your "canoodling" as good as you say?
They don't call me an expert for nothing!  But seriously... I am gifted in the sack.  (Am I even allowed to admit this on xixax????)  Okay, Okay fine!  Thrindle has had moments where her expertise was crap.  As with all females... if ever a girl feels insecure or uncomfortable... there will be no fireworks or sparklers.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetBesides the usual answers of reptiles, ghosts or UFO's, what scares you the most?
The idea of the one I love dying before me.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetDo you look forward to old age?
I look forward to the wisdom that old age will afford me.  I do not look forward to the failing of my health.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetHave you ever written poetry?
Yes.  And it's all melodramatic.  I recall starting a thread about it.  Very few replies... apparently my writing talent does not exceed the ability to give advice.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetIf you have, can you read them to me sometime?
You know I will.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetCan you spend an entire evening reading to me all your favorite poetry?
I'll one-up-ya... I'll read you short stories from Margaret Lawrence's "A Bird in the House".  That's my favorite of all time...

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetDo you believe Oscar Wilde when he says "bad poetry is always honest"?
I do.  Bad poetry doesn't lend itself to flourish or minimalism.  It is what it is.  Bad poetry is usually very direct and thruthful... that is... unless someone is trying to stylize e.e. cummings.  Then it's just wrong.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetDo you put the toliet seat down after you use it?
I don't put it up in the first place!

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetDo you pick your nose?
You forget that I have a nose ring.  There has to be some form of pickage due to the obstruction of my metal appendage.  But seriously, I don't eat it!

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetDo you burp often?
Not often... but every now and then I impress myself with a good one.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetDo you snorkle in the bathtub and call it "excavation"?
I do snorkel but without the device itself.  You shouldn't be asking questions you know the answer to!  You've heard me!

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetAm I being annoying?
Do you want me to lie to you, or tell you the truth?

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetFinally, do you think anyone here has any clue that when you speak your words they are only that much more beautiful?
Now I'm blushing...   :oops:  I really don't know what to say to this one...

Quote from: meatwadhow do you feel about mix tapes?
Considering I drive a fucking ridiculously shitty budget car, I love mixed tapes!  When you don't have a CD player in your vehicle (I'm the only one in the world who doesn't seem to) there is nothing better!

Quote from: RegularKarateDon't you find that candles and bubble baths are effin' lame and unimaginative?
Read my answer above.  But yes, it would be lame if there was no canoodling involved with that scenario.  Then I'd be like, "Turn the fucking lights on, I can hardly see!  And by the way I've already eaten, and I'll shower in the morning... goodnight."
Classic.

classical gas

Is this a good poem (by buk)

bluebird

there's a bluebird in my heart that

wants to get out

but I'm too tough for him,

I say, stay in there, I'm not going

to let anybody see

you.

wants to get out

but I pour whiskey on him and inhale

cigarette smoke

and the whores and the bartenders

and the grocery clerks

never know that

he's

in there.

wants to get out

but I'm too tough for him,

I say,

stay down, do you want to mess

me up?

you want to screw up the

works?

you want to blow my book sales in

Europe?

wants to get out

but I'm too clever, I only let him out

at night sometimes

when everybody's asleep.

I say, I know that you're there,

so don't be

sad.

then I put him back,

but he's singing a little

in there, I haven't quite let him

die

and we sleep together like

that

with our

secret pact

and it's nice enough to

make a man

weep, but I don't

weep, do

you?

edit: for the record, if it wasn't clear from "buk", and for those who didn't like the poem, i didn't write it....but for those who did like it...i take full credit for it.

kotte

Quote from: Thrindle
Quote from: kotteHurt or get hurt?
I would much rather be hurt.  I have been hurt enough in this lifetime to realise that absolutely nothing will kill me.  Yes, I may get knocked down and question my ability to get back up... but in the end some form of me always remains.  Hurting someone else causes me much more pain than dealing with my own feelings.  In fact, I spend too much of my life trying not to hurt other people.

I, too, say I'd rather get hurt...but I think I'm kidding myself. It's too painful, it hurts too much. Questioning oneselfs ability to get up again. You know you will get up but in the moment pain overshadows that fact.
This pain scares the hell out of me...and everyone else I assume. I just fell in love with a girl and we're together but in the back of my head I know it will end in pain and tears.
Some people fall in love easily. Others do not, but when do they fall HARD.
Be in the moment and never plan ahead more than a week. Best thing to do right? Because life is an emotional rollercoaster ride and we should get used to it. The mistake rookies in love make is they open up completely. With experience you learn not to but I don't know how to do it...keep parts of me to myself. If that's what needs to be done...how do you do it?

Quote from: kotteHow different are we?
Well Kotte, I believe that no means no...   :-D
You're one of those...grow up and face facts! Men take...as we should!

Seriously though...I mean men and women...how different are we really?

That's a nice poem, btw.

Hank: I love Hank.
context, context, context.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: kotteDescribe the boy of your dreams.
He is open-minded, honest, and in touch with his "feelings".  My perfect man is someone who has personal integrity and confidence.  I want someone who doesn't buy into the status quo, and can think outside the box.  Someone who can accept me, and love me, despite my many flaws and imperfections...
Yea, so seriously answer the question.

NEON MERCURY

is this is good poem?

under the dust, sarah

i want to razzle-dazzle bubble gum and your torso
believe me honey, bathtub reaction give it to you
if i fall between the drain plug me even more so
liquidfy soulmate  hiarspray too.

...whenever you fall cry me
...whenever  you bleed soak me up
..whenever  you you die crushed in earth
....i will look back and remember that whats left of us is under the dust.

Gold Trumpet

mORE.............................

Do I drive too recklessly? If yes, do you hate that I do it? What piece of clothing best says who you are? Will you actually ever buy Beck's Sea Change or will I have to buy it for you? Are you having trouble sleeping tonight? If you could change one thing about your self, what would it be? Strawberries or blueberries? What food is best with sex? What is the most important piece of furniture for an apartment? What will be the first movie we watch together? Am I misunderstood? Do you want to play Scotland Yard while eating Blue Moon ice cream? Does anyone have a better smile than you?

ah, blah....

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetmORE.............................

Do I drive too recklessly? If yes, do you hate that I do it? What piece of clothing best says who you are? Will you actually ever buy Beck's Sea Change or will I have to buy it for you? Are you having trouble sleeping tonight? If you could change one thing about your self, what would it be? Strawberries or blueberries? What food is best with sex? What is the most important piece of furniture for an apartment? What will be the first movie we watch together? Am I misunderstood? Do you want to play Scotland Yard while eating Blue Moon ice cream? Does anyone have a better smile than you?

ah, blah....
umm...is this some sort of serious online relationship?

Thrindle

Quote from: classical gasIs this a good poem (by buk)
(bluebird)
I feel like this is a trick question.  Say it's good... retarded, say it's bad... also retarded.  In my honest opinion, I really liked it.  I would say it's good.

Quote from: kotteThe mistake rookies in love make is they open up completely. With experience you learn not to but I don't know how to do it...keep parts of me to myself. If that's what needs to be done...how do you do it?
Hmmm... I've been fretting about this question... and then I realised that it's not about how to keep ourselves hidden.  I think what we learn to do (after having break ups and heartbreaks), is to love with caution.  I am perfectly willing to give of myself, because it is mine for keeps.  However, I am not willing to compromise myself.  What I mean by this, is that although I love just as deeply as I once did, I no longer put myself second.  I will not change my life plans, or degrade my personal integrity, to keep someone close to me.  Sometimes when we love too hard, we get lost.  We forget who we are, and give ourselves completely to the other person.  I think that the trick is, loving yourself AND loving the other person.  Remaining who you are as an individual, as well as being in love, as a couple.
I had a hard time explaining my answer to this question... if it's too unclear just tell me.

Quote from: kotteSeriously though...I mean men and women...how different are we really?

Wow, do we really want to get into this one?  Ok, I've had huge debates on this one, and this is what I think: Men and women aren't so different at all.  We may be taught that men are more logical and women are more emotional, but that's a load of crap.  THere have been many times where I've remained logical while a guy I'm with has lost his mind...
I really think it comes down to the way we raise our children with gender stereotypes.  I truly believe that men are fully capable of feeling the way that women do.  I also believe that women are fully able to be controlled and rational, but are allowed to have more emotion (furthermore, they are expected to).  I think it's an insult to both genders to say that one is better (at certain things) than the other.  Honestly Kotte, you can't tell me that just because you are male, you've never felt pain in the same way a female can.

Quote from: Chest RockwellYea, so seriously answer the question.
Seriously Chest, my perfect man is just a really large phallus.  But I felt it was wrong to say that.   :roll:

Quote from: NEON MERCURYis this is good poem?
under the dust, sarah

i want to razzle-dazzle bubble gum and your torso
believe me honey, bathtub reaction give it to you
if i fall between the drain plug me even more so
liquidfy soulmate hiarspray too.

...whenever you fall cry me
...whenever you bleed soak me up
..whenever you you die crushed in earth
....i will look back and remember that whats left of us is under the dust.

I enjoyed this poem, but I felt it was more effective as the first stanza only.  I think that the title of the poem can encapsulate what the second stanza does.  Is that too minimalist?  Hmmm... but yea, I like the language.  (did you write it?)

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetDo I drive too recklessly?
Yes, asshole.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetIf yes, do you hate that I do it?
Yes because you could die.  No because it's just too much fun to drive with an asshole.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetWhat piece of clothing best says who you are?
This red shirt I bought in highschool.  It was known as The Red Shirt.  Seriously, the shirt was known.  Bright crimson... and cut down to there...

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetWill you actually ever buy Beck's Sea Change or will I have to buy it for you?
Consider yourself short $20.  But don't worry I'll reimburse you somehow...

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetAre you having trouble sleeping tonight?

Yes, I'm nervous and uptight.  Furthermore I worked till 10:30pm and have to be back at work at 7:45am.  I'm a corporate slut.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetIf you could change one thing about your self, what would it be?
Either my pudgy tummy, or the scar on my neck.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetStrawberries or blueberries?
Strawberries.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetWhat food is best with sex?
It's not about food during sex.  It's about working up an appetite and raiding the fridge afterwards.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetWhat is the most important piece of furniture for an apartment?
I was thisclose to saying bed... but that's not true.  I love a really comfy couch.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetWhat will be the first movie we watch together?
Before Sunset.  We'll see it on monday night if you aren't too bagged.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetAm I misunderstood?
I guess I'd have to say yes.  But anyone who doesn't see where you're coming from, is simply ignorant - or a really bad judge of character.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetDo you want to play Scotland Yard while eating Blue Moon ice cream?
Fine... but we're playing crib first.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetDoes anyone have a better smile than you?
Do I have to make a list????

Quote from: Chest Rockwellumm...is this some sort of serious online relationship?
Wouldn't you like to know...  :wink:
Classic.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetDoes anyone have a better smile than you?

Yes (and sorry Thrindle, but even though I've never seen you smile, I've seen a smile that changed my life and there can't be any better than that)

Quote from: Chest Rockwellumm...is this some sort of serious online relationship?
Wouldn't you like to know...  :wink:

Yes (and we all would)

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetBesides the usual answers of reptiles, ghosts or UFO's, what scares you the most?
The idea of the one I love dying before me.

Now that really just made me cry. I suffer from the same thing...
Si

Pffft. From now on, i'll surf this other page whenever I'm in a diabetical mood: http://www.sugar.org/
context, context, context.

kotte

Quote from: ThrindleI think that the trick is, loving yourself AND loving the other person.  Remaining who you are as an individual, as well as being in love, as a couple.

Everything you wrote is quite clear.
Maybe it's easier to lose yourself if you dislike who you are.
Love between two people can be equally strong but some people fall deeper...in(to) love, if you know what I mean. That's the feeling I get anyway. Are they weaker, priorities messed up...etc etc? Can't really be priorities, that's a concious choice and someone who choose deep pain and heartache...probably deserves it...eh...

Are you fond of yourself or do you accept who you are (not the same as like :) )?

Quote from: kotteSeriously though...I mean men and women...how different are we really?

Honestly Kotte, you can't tell me that just because you are male, you've never felt pain in the same way a female can.

What? I didn't - did I say that? :?
Of'course I have. Pain is something universal and we all experience it. It is pretty much our only learning device...What doesn't kill us makes us stronger (smarter).
Love never comes alone...pain is right behind. Why do we need and want love so badly? And why is it the only thing that really really matters in this world?

Thrindle

Quote from: kotteAre you fond of yourself or do you accept who you are (not the same as like :) )?
Actually I am quite fond of myself.  I wasn't always though... but I've learned to embrace who I am.  I enjoy my personality... however, I HATE MY PUDGY TUMMY!  DAMMIT!

Quote from: kotte
Quote from: ThrindleHonestly Kotte, you can't tell me that just because you are male, you've never felt pain in the same way a female can.
What? I didn't - did I say that? :?
I know you didn't.  I was illustrating a point, not forming an accusation.

Quote from: kotteWhy do we need and want love so badly? And why is it the only thing that really really matters in this world?
Oh man, I wish I had a real answer to this question.  I truly believe that people act out of two emotions: love and fear.  Think about it, every negative emotion you've ever had... is based on fear.  Jealousy is a fear of never having what the other person does (etcetera).  I think that some part of us knows that love and fear are the only two emotions... one black one white.  We look to the lighter energy of love because it actualises who we are.  It brings out the good in all of us, and makes us stronger to fight the fear that we all face.
Classic.