Ask Thrindle

Started by Gold Trumpet, July 05, 2004, 10:14:34 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

The better question is:  what makes me gay?  (this isn't open to any other Xixaxer)
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Thrindle

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobThe better question is:  what makes me gay?  (this isn't open to any other Xixaxer)
Just the sheer fact that I can call you gay and you don't mind, makes you so much more than just gay.  It makes you a queer circus!  But seriously, I'm so kidding when I say that you are gay.  One of my best friends is gay and I am so cool with that.  In fact, I never call people gay as a derogatory statement.  There's nothing really derogatory about it as it is, in my opinion.
Your avatar.
Classic.

sickfins

Quote from: ThrindleYour avatar.

i detect a hint of budgie in this one

just a dash though

Thrindle

Quote from: sickfins
Quote from: ThrindleYour avatar.

i detect a hint of budgie in this one

just a dash though

And what does that mean exactly?   :?
Classic.

Thrindle

Quote from: ono.bot.opoeiaSee for yourself:

http://www.xixax.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26
or more specifically
http://www.xixax.com/search.php?search_author=budgie

Thank you sickfins for the compliment.  After I read all of the threads ono put up (also, many thanks) I was really impressed by her.  Wow, what a gutsy, honest, raw and ballsy woman.  I can see why she was beloved, and is so missed on the board.

As I was reading, I was actually envious of her intense honesty.  Brilliant.
Classic.

Pubrick

Quote from: sickfinsi detect a hint of budgie in this one

just a dash though

Quote from: sickfinsdearest guff sickkkk,

stop doing the crack

your pal,
finssss bricks
under the paving stones.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetIn relationships, do you believe people who cheat on their spouses can make it through cheating or do you believe "once a cheater, always a cheater"? Are you afraid of death and if so, how much? Can bald women be physically attractive to you? With relationships, do you sometimes feel that you are giving too much of yourself to the other, so much your happiness depends on the other? Mothers who always nag their children a good or bad thing and why? What do you do to make yourself most comfortable with life everyday? When a guy continually apologizes for mistakes or whatever, is that a turn off to you? What actor do you think has the most self confidence off screen?

Forget about these or do you find our close and personal relationship can give you crediance to skip over these questions?

Thrindle

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet
Quote from: The Gold TrumpetIn relationships, do you believe people who cheat on their spouses can make it through cheating or do you believe "once a cheater, always a cheater"? Are you afraid of death and if so, how much? Can bald women be physically attractive to you? With relationships, do you sometimes feel that you are giving too much of yourself to the other, so much your happiness depends on the other? Mothers who always nag their children a good or bad thing and why? What do you do to make yourself most comfortable with life everyday? When a guy continually apologizes for mistakes or whatever, is that a turn off to you? What actor do you think has the most self confidence off screen?

Forget about these or do you find our close and personal relationship can give you crediance to skip over these questions?

Because I am not your bitch, I can answer questions as I damn well please thank-you-very-much.

But yeah, I did forget about them.   :wink:  

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetWhat do you do to make yourself most comfortable with life everyday?
Never shave.  I've started braiding my armpit hair...  (just kidding, too girly for that).

I have this facade about me that allows me to be a little outrageous in public.  A little bit loud, crass, a little too honest.  I mean, no one is supposed to admit that they were once a "ho" or that they met this dude over the internet and now are going for the long distance run.  I purposely admit to people things about myself that others would find embarrassing.  I figure why not?  I'm not ashamed of who I am.  And because I act this way, it puts people at ease when I'm with them.  Makes them feel alright to be who they are.  

On second thought, if I am ashamed about things in my life, I'd rather be the ones making the judgments and comments, than the other person.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetWhen a guy continually apologizes for mistakes or whatever, is that a turn off to you?
Definately.  I don't like to feel like the "mother" or "leader" in a relationship.  A part of me still wants some chase and to be kept on my toes.  A guy who constantly apologises for himself is probably insecure, or too naive to be with me.  Insecure guys and Thrindle don't work.  They end up trying to control me, and that just turns ugly.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetWhat actor do you think has the most self confidence off screen?
It's gotta be Brad.
Classic.

kotte

Quote from: Thrindle
Quote from: The Gold TrumpetWhat actor do you think has the most self confidence off screen?
It's gotta be Brad.

Why is that, you think?
I'm fascinated with how cool he is on-screen and off...I don't really know how he is off-screen but people in interviews etc keep calling him the 'coolest guy in the world'. You think it's just his looks?
Think a guy without his looks can be as confident and secure?

It's impossible for you to know but why do you think?

What do you like me?...my avatar? :) Something from a steakhouse in hell? :?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobThe better question is:  what makes me gay?  (this isn't open to any other Xixaxer)
Just the sheer fact that I can call you gay and you don't mind, makes you so much more than just gay.  It makes you a queer circus!  But seriously, I'm so kidding when I say that you are gay.  One of my best friends is gay and I am so cool with that.  In fact, I never call people gay as a derogatory statement.  There's nothing really derogatory about it as it is, in my opinion.
Your avatar.

I wasn't mad, just curious.

On with more questions...

Favorite female musician?

Favorite President of the USA?

Favorite Dictator?

Favorite subject in school?

Favorite word?

Do you enjoy being tickled, or does it piss you off?  (Maybe this one's for GT...)

You're trapped on an island with 5 items.  Which items do you hope for?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Thrindle

Quote from: kotte
It's gotta be Brad.

Why is that, you think?
I'm fascinated with how cool he is on-screen and off...I don't really know how he is off-screen but people in interviews etc keep calling him the 'coolest guy in the world'. You think it's just his looks?

For a guy who has a stunning wife, gobs of cash, and I guess the "perfect" life... he still talks about switching up his career and becoming an architect because he's passionate about it.  He doesn't talk deeply about politics because he admits that he's no expert, and yet he can assert an educated opinion.  He realises how beautiful he is (on the outside) and also realises that that doesn't necessarily mean too much.  
He's humble.

Quote from: kotteWhat do you like me?...my avatar?  Something from a steakhouse in hell?
This is what made me like you most... but yes, I did laugh.
Quote from: kotteI'm just a frustrated boy learning how to fuck. It's not easy.
[/size]

Quote from: walrus, kookookajoobI wasn't mad, just curious.
Good.  Then you are still gay.

Quote from: walrus, kookookajoobFavorite female musician?
Easy.  Joni Mitchell.  I know she's not considered a true vocalist...  but her lyrics are poetry.  GT and I were talking the other day about how rock songs are formulae and not necessarily art.  You know... "hmmm...  I think I'll write a bitter love song today, or maybe a break up song, or perhaps a 'she's really hot suck my dick' song".  

Quote from: walrus, kookookajoobFavorite President of the USA?
I'm not a history major, so I don't really like giving my opinion on this question (ooh, Thrindle gets insecure when she can't play know-it-all... fucking fraud)... but if I had to choose one it would be Franklin D. Roosevelt.  He led his country through such a bitter time period and wasn't afraid to introduce new means of solving problems.  Was he the one to introduce Keynsian economics?  If so... that's another reason why I like him.  I do know he did the whole fireside chat thing... also cool.

Quote from: walrus, kookookajoobFavorite Dictator?
My mom.

Quote from: walrus, kookookajoobFavorite subject in school?
I'm an english major, so anything english.  This semester I'm taking a poetry course as well as a lit class... so stoked.  I was too chicken shit to try for the advanced comp or fiction writing courses... they required samples of my writing... blah.

Quote from: walrus, kookookajoobFavorite word?
pseudo  

Quote from: walrus, kookookajoobDo you enjoy being tickled, or does it piss you off? (Maybe this one's for GT...)
GT is more ticklish than I am...  If I grab his sides he just freaks out (but then again, I think I pinch too hard and hurt him).
I am ticklish...  but he never goes for the armpits (now I've finished myself because he never knew this, and I see him in a month).

Quote from: walrus, kookookajoobYou're trapped on an island with 5 items. Which items do you hope for?
I'm not thinking in terms of physical survival.  I'll pretend that I've already got the place set up like in "The Blue Lagoon".  I'm not a nature girl, I'm not a veggie person, and I don't necessarily like camping (unless it's for a day and I can go and shower somewhere).  With that said,  I would take:
GT - Him and I could pass the time.
Books - I would love to find everything that Ernest Hemmingway ever wrote.
Pedicure supplies - My feet would get yucky from going barefoot so I'd need my pedicure supplies to keep my heels smooth and my toes french manicured.
Thrindle Jr. - Maybe I'd bring my neice because she's basically perfect.
Birth Control - One Thrindle Jr. is more than efuckingnough.
Classic.

SHAFTR

Quote from: kotte
It's gotta be Brad.

Why is that, you think?

What do you like me?...my avatar? :) Something from a steakhouse in hell? :?

One of my College TAs friend was roommates with Brad Pitt in College.  He said that he would spend about 30 mins - hr every day infront of the mirror doing his hair.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Thrindle

Quote from: ...& IDid you and GT read Xixax together?
Hehe... yeah.

And as for Brad Pitt being vain... FUCKING RIGHTS!  IF I WAS BRAD PITT I'D BE FUCKING MYSELF!
Classic.