Say Anything

Started by Alethia, January 13, 2004, 11:10:59 PM

Alethia

I just re-watched after having not seen it in a while, and God, it is just as great as ever.......This film totally just gets such a response out of me, every time I watch it.  My favorite Cameron Crowe film and one of my favorites of all time......John Cusack is fucking great in this movie....what does everyone else think?  I can't believe this doesn't have a thread of its own..........

Alethia

Quote from: ewardoh come on!!

hahahahaha

EDIT: I apologize. that was rude.
context, context, context.

Alethia

seriously - nobody has anything to say?   :?

Banky

it really is great and stands the test of time.  Crowe can do no wrong.

Alethia

Bethie

I own a Say Anything shirt. It rules.
who likes movies anyway

El Duderino

Quote from: BethieI own a Say Anything shirt. It rules.

me too. :-D
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Alethia

i have a poster that's pretty cool.  "a lloyd meets girl story..." :)

Bethie

^You guys are awesome. And I own a poster too.  8)
who likes movies anyway

Find Your Magali

It's a tremendous film. Still holds up as a great date movie. It's not as over-the-top entertaining as Jerry Maguire and Almost Famous, but it might be Crowe's best, tightest script, because it's so real and honest. It has so many perfect little moments -- most of which, admittedly, as pure Cusack genius. And it might be one of the most quoted movies of the late 80s. Of course "I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen" is almost as worn out as "Show me the money." But there are so many other great quotes, too, from "Joe Lies" to "You invade my soul..."

mogwai

i've said before and i'll say it again... this is the best scene in the movie..

(thanks to mac for capping)

Ravi

"The rain on my car is a baptism, the new me, Ice Man, Power Lloyd, my assault on the world begins now."

"I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that."

"Just knowing that a version like that exists, knowing that just for a minute she felt that and wrote "I can't help loving you". That has to be worth something."

"Kickboxing. Sport of the future."

Other Quotes