Natural Born Killers

Started by filmcritic, July 29, 2003, 07:21:02 PM

Gold Trumpet

I understand what you're saying Fernando, but I really don't believe Bob Altman on that definition as only being the one for satire. It seems too simplistic and easy to allign to almost any film.

Though I haven't read Tarantino's script, I still love NBK for the reason of Stone's visual command and how he seems to specifically ride on a very bad story to just propell into a monstrous film of visuals. Monstrous, in this case, means excellent.

~rougerum

Fernando

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI understand what you're saying Fernando?
~rougerum

Tomorrow I want ten pages with the following sentence or you'll be grounded for a month:

Fernando is not Alexandro. Fernando is not Alexandro. Fernando is not Alexandro.
Fernando is not Alexandro. Fernando is not Alexandro. Fernando is not Alexandro.

Gold Trumpet

haha, Again, sorry. Its just so easy to confuse you guys.

~rougerum

Alexandro

HAHAHA
I love this fernando/alexandro thing...

here you would be in trouble cause we have tons of andos

there's hernando, armando, and even nando...

about nbk and altman...well, i was just using him as an example of something i think does applies to most satires...but well, i think it is a satire and it is funny, in a very wicked sicky way, but it is...i laugh hard when i see this movie...i laugh a lot specially with the sitcom scene and with scagnetti and tommy lee jones...downey jr' cracks me up in this film...so maybe i'm as sick as stone...

AK

Quote from: AlexandroBut the audience is part of the satire...the audience is the american public or the average moviegoer who makes this violence and nonsense the tv an dmedia food we all eat in the comfort of our homes. It's like in Wag The Dog...they're mocking the government and hollywood but they 're also mocking everyone

AGREE...with every single word.

Quote from: Alexandro...it turned into a complete circus where everything was possible and everyone could be a super star by doing horrible things...O.J. never had the fame he had until that scandal...he was big, but this made him super big... of course, that works in Bonnie and Clyde, it's nice...but in NBK these two kids, raised by Bonnies and Clydes and war and weapons and violence everywhere have this idealized view of murder in which is something romantic...but it's all perverted, and it's a product of the culture they're in...

it is perverted but you can't say they are not showed as "twisted heroes" in this (as you said) circus...

Quote from: mutinycoYeah, I always thought satire required humor. This movie isn't that funny.

Satire= the use of humor, mockery or sarcasm to point out an evil or foolishness....

NBK is not that funny but still got a lot of sarcasm and mock on it...

Cecil

everytime ak posts, i smile