The Exorcist - appreciation thread

Started by filmcritic, July 10, 2003, 05:11:26 PM

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

filmcritic

Is Ghostboy gonna show what happened at that party? Through video or pictures?
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

Pubrick

yeah i gotta agree with trem here. filmcritic stop pretending to be stupid. and Neon and PD23, stop winking all the time for no reason.
under the paving stones.

jokerspath

Getting back to that freaky video: you gotta get in contact w/ your actor friend.  This needs to be seen...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

filmcritic

It's some scary stuff! Or maybe the guy was just drunk or high and that was it.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

filmcritic

"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

Alethia

Quote from: filmcriticBut I'll tell ya what I do believe. When the film was released, people in the theatres were so shocked and so scared by the film, there was throw up in the aisles and people were having strokes in the theatre. They had to call an ambulance more than once.

ive always wanted to go to a screening of this nature......

jokerspath

Quote from: eward
Quote from: filmcriticBut I'll tell ya what I do believe. When the film was released, people in the theatres were so shocked and so scared by the film, there was throw up in the aisles and people were having strokes in the theatre. They had to call an ambulance more than once.

ive always wanted to go to a screening of this nature......

This is gonna sound weird, but when I saw a screening of Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead at a film festival, it seriously repulsed people.  This man stormed out dragging his family with him saying something to the effect of "this is a crime against humanity." There was at least a dozen walkouts and some real outrage afterwards.  It was good times...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Alethia

actually a few people had the same reaction to body double when i screened it at my house.....hehehe

chainsmoking insomniac

This is all so fucking great.  Now that's cinema!!!  :lol:
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

filmcritic

Ghostboy, have you found anything yet?
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

Ghostboy

I'm going to get together with my friend this weekend. I'll see if we can track it down then. I wouldn't get your hopes up, though....I didn't mean to bait you guys with the story, honestly! But I'm hoping I can dig it up.

filmcritic

"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

RegularKarate

It's not necessary to say "ooh spooky" or "scary" everytime Ghostboy posts... he's not a real ghost.

From what I understand, for the physically violent scenes such ast the masturbation scene, Blaire wasn't even in the room.

Mesh

Quote from: RegularKarateFrom what I understand, for the physically violent scenes such ast the masturbation scene, Blaire wasn't even in the room.

But they really fucked up her back, I heard, during filming of the scene where she and the bed violently thrash up and down.  They had her strapped into this wooden brace thing (basically a medieval torture device) and big guys behind the false wall just whipped it up and down....hard.  Can't remember in what Exorcist literature I read that.....