plagerism!

Started by abbey road, May 17, 2003, 11:08:45 PM

abbey road

i can't wiat to see this film, it sounds fantastic....i just hate it that 5 five years ago i thought it would be so great to shoot a film without cutting into takes, and now there would be nothing special about it- o well.

-chad
"we'll meet again in a life when we are both cats"
"you are what you love, not what loves you"
"I don't think your an asshole Royal, I just think you're kind of a son of a bitch"
"royal with cheese"
"i'm sure you have no idea what i'm talking about...but don't worry...you will someday"

bonanzataz

i assume you're talking about russian ark. yeah, i always have ideas that i want to happen and then somebody does it before i do. like when i was little and i wrote a book called private parts where i had illustrations of boobies in it and then howard stern wrote his book called private parts about the same thing! I SHOULD SUE!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

RegularKarate

It's worse when it's a shitty movie that uses your idea... and you're like "damn, I guess that wasn't such a good idea after all"

sphinx

Quote from: RegularKarateIt's worse when it's a shitty movie that uses your idea... and you're like "damn, I guess that wasn't such a good idea after all"

rk, i thought i was the only one.  i was so embarassed by what a shitty movie the idea turned into that i won't even give the title of the movie that had the same idea as mine.  it's just that bad.  it was made in 1999, though

Sleuth

happens too many times to me, very ridiculous movies
I like to hug dogs

godardian

Quote from: sphinx
Quote from: RegularKarateIt's worse when it's a shitty movie that uses your idea... and you're like "damn, I guess that wasn't such a good idea after all"

rk, i thought i was the only one.  i was so embarassed by what a shitty movie the idea turned into that i won't even give the title of the movie that had the same idea as mine.  it's just that bad.  it was made in 1999, though

Timecode? Was it Timecode? It was Timecode, wasn't it?!?!

I actually liked Timecode, but I'm attuned enough to popular opinion to have it brought to mind when I hear "shitty movie... 1999."
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Mellow Fellow

yeah, twice this has happened to me. i was just about to start a short i wrote about three friends walking through the woods experiencing different things while learning more about themselves, when lo and behold, gus van sants 'gerry' came out. then i remembered 'stand by me' also came out a while ago so i scrapped the whole thing.

i'd also thought of split screen conversation of two faces facing you for a while and then i saw 'rules of attraction' and said fuck. oh well
Some people say I was an embarassment to the nation. Well, I say, that depends on what your definition of "was" is, jerk.

Pubrick

AI's electric bear.
Vanilla Sky/Open Your Eyes' "do u believe in God?" bit.
Rushmore's dead leaves..
lotsa others which are still obscure enuff to go unnoticed.

and the biggest one ever.. broken harmonium. oh well, i'm still gonna use em tho.
under the paving stones.

atticus jones

circa nineteen whatever

...i have eight pages of detailed notes re: a story idea about two disenchanted men who start an underground fight club in order to vent their rage and settle the petty differences they encounter in their personal lives...and blah blah blah...

imagine my surprise when i realized sum otha paluka fit the mit like a glove...i literaly got sick with it...

slapped in the face by universal consciousness...again...

ouwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwch
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

abbey road

i'm glad u guys figured out what i was tlaking abbout- ha- i posted my reply inncorrectly.
"we'll meet again in a life when we are both cats"
"you are what you love, not what loves you"
"I don't think your an asshole Royal, I just think you're kind of a son of a bitch"
"royal with cheese"
"i'm sure you have no idea what i'm talking about...but don't worry...you will someday"