jim carrey is back.

Started by sphinx, March 07, 2003, 11:38:22 PM

sphinx

in the most wonderful way possible.  the new trailer (#3) for 'bruce almighty' shows just how funny i think this movie is going to be, and the introduction of the daily show's steve carrell as a hilarious supporting player in the film.

windows media player 300kbps trailer - yahoo

apple should have it by tuesday.

picolas

Quote from: sphinxjim carrey is back.

:!:  :!:  :!:  i couldn't really be more excited about this.

some good-quality caps demonstrating just how much the 2nd coming of Carrey is just around the corner...

back.

back.

BAAACK!

and the brilliant use of Carrell makes picolas sooooo happy.

SHAFTR

I love Jim Carrey...my all time fav actor.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

oakmanc234

Jim Carrey is back? When did he leave?

I guess your referring to how his last movie bombed, 'The Majestic'. I really liked that movie. I considered it to be his finest performance. Since it was so overlooked on its initial release, I wasn't expecting much. What a suprise! Very nice movie that one.

'Bruce Almighty' looks great (I loved the 'I've got the power!') and he's doing the next Charlie Kaufman scripted movie! Kickass!
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

SHAFTR

I thought he was excellent in The Majestic..and I didn't think it was a bad movie.  It was just a film that tried to hard to be Capra and ended up being very very very overly sentimental.

Redlum

Ah yes!

Just thinking about that time in Ace Ventura when he used a pocket fan as a motor for his dingy, makes me crack up!
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Xixax

Once again, I find myself outnumbered.

I can't stand Jim Carrey when de does physical humor, but I like him in less idiotic roles. I enjoyed Liar Liar, Truman Show, and he was brilliant in Man In The Moon. I even liked him in Me Myself and Irene because he wasn't doing that stupid face schtick.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

sphinx

Quote from: XixaxOnce again, I find myself outnumbered.

I can't stand Jim Carrey when de does physical humor, but I like him in less idiotic roles. I enjoyed Liar Liar, Truman Show, and he was brilliant in Man In The Moon. I even liked him in Me Myself and Irene because he wasn't doing that stupid face schtick.

(not a rebuttal)
i really really liked liar, liar, the truman show, and man on the moon (so much as to even buy two of them).  i appreciate all of his work, and i just have this to say:

1.) jim carrey makes me laugh.
2.) if i think he's going to make me laugh in a particular film to a degree which would make it enjoyable, i will purchase a ticket and observe the film

that said, not all of his movies have to make me laugh.  i really didn't enjoy 'me, myself, and irene'.  maybe because i was expecting more in the way of the classic humour in 'dumb and dumber' which i had never seen the likes of again.  but movies like 'the truman show' are some of my favourites of his because he's being funny and emotional in a different way.  i don't know, i guess i don't think about his movies in that big of a sense in certain...ways?

:yabbse-undecided:

Redlum

Did you like the Cable Guy. I only ask cause most people hate it. To the point that its even referenced in the Simpsons at Planet Springfield.

Homer: Stupid script!! Almost ruined Jim Carrey's career!

Chip Douglas: Wow, the old McNair place. Never thought they'd get the floors clean after what happened here.
Steven Kovacs: Why? What happened?
Chip Douglas: They had a lot of cats.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

SHAFTR

I liked Cable Guy, I don't think the script was really that bad.  I hate Broderick though.

Ghostboy

I loved The Cable Guy, actually. And I love Carrey and wish he'd get more respect for his dramatic roles, even though The Majestic was a litttle too long. I think with Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, which is an incredible script, he'll finally get the breakthrough in that area that he's always wanted.

I hated The Grinch and Me Myself & Irene. Other than that, he's got a great resume.

SHAFTR

The Grinch was so horrible.

I think he is one of the best actors out there...including dramatic.

Pubrick

Quote from: picolasi couldn't really be more excited about this.
i am more excited than u :!:
under the paving stones.

picolas

Quote from: P
Quote from: picolasi couldn't really be more excited about this.
i am more excited than u :!:

pshhh.

that's impossible. even at worst, i'm this much excited.

av8raaron

The Cable Guy is one of my favorite comedies.  It's not for everybody and has it's own brand of humor, but the script is a little darker than Carrey's other stuff up until that point and I enjoy that.  I'm sure "Bruce Almightly" will be good for a laugh of at least the same caliber as "Liar, Liar," but I'll reserve any further judgement until after I've seen the film.

I also concede that Picolas is WAY more excited than I am.
Fresh buttered toast.