the whole x-men united shpeel

Started by manvstrees, April 25, 2003, 12:02:46 PM

manvstrees

has this happened yet?  a rant about this i mean.
since when did this gay-ass tag get placed on the movie?  x2 alone was just fine for a title.
quite retarded/
maestro sartori wants a bit of glory...

xerxes

i agree.

was that supposed to say spiel??? not that i should talk about spelling, i was just confused

Ghostboy

It's just the studio freaking out, I bet...like, "people aren't going to understand what X2 is!" It's so stupid. Bryan Singer expressed his disdain for it. It's definitely a move from the suits, rather than anyone with any creativity.

Maybe they're trying to make it sound patriotic. Look what 'subtle' pro-America messages did for Anger Management's box office!

xerxes

Quote from: Ghostboy
Maybe they're trying to make it sound patriotic. Look what 'subtle' pro-America messages did for Anger Management's box office!

that makes me sick

Tiff

Quote from: GhostboyIt's just the studio freaking out, I bet...like, "people aren't going to understand what X2 is!" It's so stupid. Bryan Singer expressed his disdain for it. It's definitely a move from the suits, rather than anyone with any creativity.

wa? :?:
"Shut the fuck up!"

bonanzataz

Quote from: manvstreeshas this happened yet?  a rant about this i mean.
since when did this gay-ass tag get placed on the movie?  x2 alone was just fine for a title.
quite retarded/

could this possibly be the next donnie darko thread? find out on the next XIXAX ADVENTURES!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Duck Sauce

It seems like every movie now a day needs a couple titles, a few abreviations and a half dozen taglines.

Recce

Alls I know, Nightcrawler's teleporting looks amazing.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

Ghostboy

I saw it this morning, and while it's pretty awesome, provided you know your X-Men history. If you don't, I think you will still be more than satisfied -- Singer has provided an intelligent, compelling and thrilling narrative that is practically flawless for what it is -- but you'll miss some of the undercurrents that set the film up for the next sequel. Which will be AWESOME, if they follow up on what they promise here.

And Nightcrawler is an amazing character. Better than he ever was in the comics.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: GhostboyI saw it this morning, and while it's pretty awesome, provided you know your X-Men history. If you don't, I think you will still be more than satisfied -- Singer has provided an intelligent, compelling and thrilling narrative that is practically flawless for what it is -- but you'll miss some of the undercurrents that set the film up for the next sequel. Which will be AWESOME, if they follow up on what they promise here.

And Nightcrawler is an amazing character. Better than he ever was in the comics.

Nightcrawler in the trailers looked pretty rad. What other X-Men were omitted from the movies?

Pedro

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: GhostboyI saw it this morning, and while it's pretty awesome, provided you know your X-Men history. If you don't, I think you will still be more than satisfied -- Singer has provided an intelligent, compelling and thrilling narrative that is practically flawless for what it is -- but you'll miss some of the undercurrents that set the film up for the next sequel. Which will be AWESOME, if they follow up on what they promise here.

Nightcrawler in the trailers looked pretty rad. What other X-Men were omitted from the movies?
1000 posts.  YAY.

Pubrick

yes, well done Duck Sauce.

now all can see the hidden secrets that lie at and beyond a thousand posts.

under the paving stones.

Pwaybloe

Yes.  And to top it off, who could ask for a better title than "Aspiring Actress Jackie Lynn."  It takes eons to attain that status, and you, Duck Sauce, have reached the pinnacle.  Congratulations.

Ghostboy

Quote from: Duck Sauce

It's not so much who gets left out as who shows up. You may have already heard about the slight 'cameos' from Gambit and Beast, which are cool...I'd love to see them in the next one. Colossus shows up, and he's perfect. Exactly like you'd imagine him looking.

I really am looking forward to seeing this again, and it also makes me want to go back and pick up some of those late 80s early 90s story arcs from the comic...

xerxes

Quote from: PawbloeYes.  And to top it off, who could ask for a better title than "Aspiring Actress Jackie Lynn."  It takes eons to attain that status, and you, Duck Sauce, have reached the pinnacle.  Congratulations.

inspiring actress