The Core is a masterpiece

Started by picolas, April 05, 2003, 03:24:18 PM

picolas

i came in with but the lowest of expectations. i never thought they could make this movie good.

but something had obviously slipped through my mind.

".........what if we could?"

Stanley Tucci steals the show with what is quite possibly the most brilliant performance of his career in a movie that's so bad, it's amazingly good.

DISCUSS

Sleuth

Dude, I love your avatar, what is that from?
I like to hug dogs

russiasusha

This is absolutely the worst movie I have never seen.
Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck

Ghostboy

I was surprised that I enjoyed it at all. But did it have to be soooo long? Around the one hour forty five minute mark, I started getting bored.

Recce

What with all my finals and everything, I was in the mood to see stupid movies recently. The core was one of them. It was stupid but entertaining. It so ridiculous, its fun.
'Gee, how could we get to the core of the earth, something we've never even theorized about'.
'Hey, I know this guy who has a super high tech, indestructible ship. Maybe he could help us out'.
It's one of those.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

picolas

Quote from: tremoloslothDude, I love your avatar, what is that from?

i took it mid-air googleing.

Sleuth

SWEET!

Now, let's talk about the Core.  It was bad, but not Armageddon bad.  Close, though
I like to hug dogs

sphinx

it was absolutely lovely to see the core and laugh at it.  lovely

MacGuffin

Better than I expected. Guilty pleasure.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks