modage

Best TV Show: BREAKING BAD

THE NOMINEES

Breaking Bad
Friday Night Lights
Louie
Mad Men  
Peep Show
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Kal

I wanted FNL to win just cause its the last time... but I like the choice.

Fernando

really happy with this, season three probably had the most tense scenes and real WTFs ever.

best. show. on. tv.

modage

Last year Breaking Bad wasn't even nominated for Best TV Show and this year it was a winner by quite some margin. Great job, Xixax.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

Quote from: kal on March 03, 2011, 12:43:17 PM
I wanted FNL to win just cause its the last time... but I like the choice.

FNL aired into 2011, so it'll still be eligible for next year's awards. We just have to keep awareness up by that point.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

Quote from: modage on March 03, 2011, 01:03:37 PM
Last year Breaking Bad wasn't even nominated for Best TV Show and this year it was a winner by quite some margin. Great job, Xixax.

Everyone kept talking about it, then other watched it, loved it and now it wins. The same happened with Friday Night Lights, too. We're usually on top of things, it just might take longer than it's supposed to.

Very happy with this win. The last half of season 3 is some of the best television I have EVER seen.

On a side note, last week I had to keep taking a detour to get home from work because they were filming season 4 in my neighborhood.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Peep Show was close for me, but season 7 wasn't their best.  Breaking Bad, on the other hand, balloons in quality every fucking episode.  I really hope they end it soon so it doesn't get fucked up before they can end it properly.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

72teeth

my grandma auditioned for a speaking role today... fingers crossed er'body
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

72teeth

woah, she got it  :shock: 2 lines, and a death scene! way to go gramma!

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Stefen

^HAH. Good job, gramma!

Is she in Albuquerque?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

Quote from: 72teeth on March 12, 2011, 04:15:04 PM
woah, she got it  :shock: 2 lines, and a death scene! way to go gramma!

SPOILER ALERT!

Also: I hope the death scene wasn't improvised.

72teeth

Yeah, i didnt realize how much filming goes on in NM, she's already been an extra in a couple of things but i think this BB gig will get her a SAG card...

Quote from: modage on March 12, 2011, 04:30:11 PM
Also: I hope the death scene wasn't improvised.

"This meth is making me thirsty... GWaaaRarara.... *death rattle..."

Yowza Yowza Yowza

polkablues

So now I'll be watching the show, and as soon as I see 72teef's grandma, I'll know that character's going to say 2 lines and then die!  Total spoiler.  You're lucky I don't know what you're grandma looks like.
My house, my rules, my coffee