Comedians of Comedy

Started by RegularKarate, December 11, 2005, 04:38:35 PM

RegularKarate

Have you guys watched this yet?

Patton Oswalt, Brian Posehn, Zach Galifinakis, Maria Bamford.

The movie that they made for NetFlix is hilarious (if you catch them on tour it's even funnier), but Comedy Central liked it so much, they had them go on another tour to make this series.

It's a real reality show, no forced situations.  Very funny.  Some of the best comedians working today.

polkablues

Yeah, I'm really digging this show.

I loved the Atlantic City episode, which was all about how much they hated Atlantic City, and how nothing funny happened to them there.

And Maria Bamford's last line: "Atlantic City: Don't Walk Alone!"

The best bit in the series so far was probably when they were in the gift shop at the Cracker Barrel, and Patton Oswalt was playing with the toy parrot that repeats everything you say into it.

Patton Oswalt (to parrot): "Zach Galifinaikis thirsts for cock."
Parrot: "Zach Galifinaikis thirsts for cock!  Zach Galifinaikis thirsts for cock!"
pan over to Zach Galifinaikis, standing two feet away: "...I wouldn't really call it a thirst."
My house, my rules, my coffee

Gamblour.

unfortunately, i missed the first episode, and kept missing it. I love these comedians, but I haven't gotten the chance to catch up or download them.
WWPTAD?

RegularKarate

Sometimes Zach makes me almost vomit from laughter (Patton and Brian too, really... I just mean in certain moments of the show, he really shines).

I'm really hoping it gets picked up for a second season because I really want them to come here again soon.

cine

oh I'VE been watching.

best part of the series so far: zach's laundry show.

elpablo

this show is hilarious, but it's at the most inconvenient time ever. and i haven't found anywhere to download it from yet.

Reel

Quote from: xerxes on June 18, 2005, 03:50:57 AM
latest reply ever
Quote from: polkablues on December 11, 2005, 05:57:21 PM

The best bit in the series so far was probably when they were in the gift shop at the Cracker Barrel, and Patton Oswalt was playing with the toy parrot that repeats everything you say into it.

Patton Oswalt (to parrot): "Zach Galifinaikis thirsts for cock."
Parrot: "Zach Galifinaikis thirsts for cock!  Zach Galifinaikis thirsts for cock!"
pan over to Zach Galifinaikis, standing two feet away: "...I wouldn't really call it a thirst."

My favorite part is when they're all sitting on the rocking chairs outside:
Patton: "you know what I love doing on a hot day like this? Respecting different religions."
Zach: "I'm thinking 'bout reading the Koran later"
Patton: "Bet there's some good ideas in that"

Its works better with the accents. I finally found a of it, Yay! The part I'm talking about is at 1:30