this is a really good song.

Started by Jeremy Blackman, May 17, 2009, 08:16:41 PM

Robyn

Quote from: KJ on April 14, 2018, 08:00:16 AM
sue tompkins

I swear this is my last post. it's just difficult to stay away from this thread now, because i'm overdosing on really good songs. I could quote all the lines from this song because it's one of the most beautiful songs I know, but I think it's better to just listen to her sing them. she makes them even better.

WorldForgot

Life Without Building's live album is so good, I dont even mind the harsh memories it conjures, from the spring two years ago when i found it, luckily, while living in prague for a spell.

Robyn

how did prague treat you? I had a bunch of friends who lived there (they studied graphic design, and film I think), and it seems like a nice place to live in. I have looked at a film school there... what did you do there?

WorldForgot

Quote from: KJ on April 14, 2018, 12:05:46 PM
how did prague treat you? I had a bunch of friends who lived there (they studied graphic design, and film I think), and it seems like a nice place to live in. I have looked at a film school there... what did you do there?

I attended FAMU's NYU-Abroad 35mm program ~ That's where I made i think you caught in the 4210 Strand thread.

Prague is a beautiful, storied city with a strange air around it. Edited this post form calling them hostile, and xenophobic, because well their politic opinions shouldn't be generalized, of residents or people of anywhere. Also that's xenophobic in itself, isn't it? Drug culture seems dangerous there (it's too easy to cop a srs ziplock from somebody who was supposedly just getting you grass). Food was great. And the czech krona is quite cheap, so I feasted. The hostility I mentioned before stemmed from professors and many overheard conversations, because Syrian refugees were very much on the mind and tongue that Spring.

FAMU's facility is fantastic. The city in total has been so well preserved (from surrender, modestly, and to the reverberations of their dissident tendencies) that you feel centuries of culture all throughout the different neighborhoods. Amazing museums. A great place to get high off creativity. I just couldn't integrate with the locals, even after becoming a regular at a concert venue and in FAMU's basement dining-space/bar. Idk conversations where quite deadened by the air of an American and Czech is tough to learn (our teacher was shit).

If you know anybody who could put you in touch with Barrandov, then i say yeah GO! Barrandov is all the man-power and space of a Hollywood studio lot, with a more village-friendly vibe. To be honest, if I had the opportunity to take a job there I'd definitely return. And actually, I know somebody at BarrandovTV I could put you in touch with, if it does come to that PM me ~

Another good song from that spring:

polkablues

Just pure songcraft. Beautiful and perfect.

My house, my rules, my coffee

Drenk

I like her songs and all but I am posting for polka:

June.

Ascension.

polkablues

Drenk

Ascension.

WorldForgot

putneyswipe

putneyswipe

https://youtu.be/mA96nYMaE3Y

I'm late to this album, but easily the most impressive and cohesive Hip-Hop album I've heard in a while.

polkablues

Hobo Johnson is just the best.

WorldForgot

btw putney, great project to highlight.
If you ever get a chance to see anyobdy from RUBYYACHT's collective live they're really chill to chat with and a treasure to watch perform.

WorldForgot

WorldForgot

been digging this tune for over a decade now, used to sing it when twenty was far off, now I'm in the midst of all dat