this is a really good song.

Started by Jeremy Blackman, May 17, 2009, 08:16:41 PM

polkablues

That girl is a complete force of nature. To be able to perform, at 11 or 12 years old, not only with that level of skill but with that complete lack of self-consciousness is astonishing to me. I'm convinced she's going on to great things.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Jeremy Blackman

Absolutely. I watched two of her performances on Ellen as well, and she seems to pour her soul into it every time.

Jeremy Blackman

Jeremy Blackman

polkablues

Damn, I like both of those a lot.

Elvis Costello is one of my weird musical blindspots. I'm familiar with the hits, and I like everything I've heard, but I just never got around to diving into his output.

Jeremy Blackman

That whole album (When I Was Cruel) is good... has a very crisp sound and innovative bass lines. Not sure why people don't talk about it more. It's Elvis Costello's Punch Drunk Love.

Myxo

Lottery

Quote from: Myxo on September 16, 2016, 06:37:48 PM
Maggie Rogers - Alaksa

Man, I thought you we're going to post Thriller. Which actually is a really good song from a really good album. Possibly the greatest true pop release ever.

polkablues

Pete Yorn is back. I know you're all as excited as I am. This is a really good song.

Lottery

Obsessed with this for like a week. Neil Young can hit you emotionally out of nowhere. I'm not even a big fan and every now and then I chuck on a track from him and I get destroyed.

Drenk

Quote from: Lottery on September 23, 2016, 12:59:36 AM

Obsessed with this for like a week. Neil Young can hit you emotionally out of nowhere. I'm not even a big fan and every now and then I chuck on a track from him and I get destroyed.

Like you, I am not a huge Neil Young fan at all, but I had the same reaction with Tell Me Why a few months ago. There is something in the first seconds, the melody, that instantly hit me...It felt like a song I had a deep connection with, but I didn't even know who Neil Young was when I was a child. I didn't even know who he was three years ago.

I had the same thing with Out on the Weekend.

Ascension.

jeremy, as a fellow female singer fan i know you will appreciate this, i just found out about her, you may already know about her:

polkablues

Love Melanie Martinez. I actually happened to watch the season of The Voice when she was a competitor, and stopped watching when she was eliminated. Some of her songwriting borders on precocious, but her voice is so good.

Here's a video of her singing one of my favorite Margot & the Nuclear So and So's songs:

Jeremy Blackman

Random reminder that this is one of the best Weird Al songs.