I agree. One of my all-time favorites.
My house, my rules, my coffee

polkablues

Another of my all-time favorites, which I was reminded of today:

Robyn

Quote from: polkablues on December 12, 2015, 01:21:14 PM

somehow this song makes me nostalgic over memories I don't have yet.... I don't think that I will fully understand this song until i'm a little bit older. know what I mean?

polkablues

Quote from: KJ on December 13, 2015, 02:33:00 AM
Quote from: polkablues on December 12, 2015, 01:21:14 PM

somehow this song makes me nostalgic over memories I don't have yet.... I don't think that I will fully understand this song until i'm a little bit older. know what I mean?

Definitely. I think the fact that the song itself is about nostalgia to an extent, or at least about looking back and realizing a chunk of your life has passed you by, really evokes that feeling.

I've been listening to this song a ton since I first heard it a few days ago. The video is obnoxious hipster bullshit, but the song is unimpeachable.

Drenk

The video is so bad. The song gets way better when I listen to it alone. I listened to the song before I saw the clip, it was a weird experience. I love the song, then I watch that and...
Ascension.

Jeremy Blackman

There is definitely a Matthew Barney / Cremaster tinge to that video, except without the meaning.

jenkins

via G R I M E S* on tumblr:

QuotePeople From Classic Paintings Inserted Into Modern City Life

and

QuoteLelio Orsi - Saint Miguel subduing Satan and weighing the Souls of the Dead

the thing a guy like me didn't feel inspired by during days of hipsters being some new thing (was that like ten years ago?), is the standard definition and application of hipsterism employed pure cultural materialism. a thing without its feeling, that was horrible to me! and it was some initial output of cultural overstimulation from the internet. peeps these days are into the feels, the human particulars, and i've missed sharing the feels with others because of course i have.

*successfully remembered the equal sign setup for the url w/text

cronopio2

i dedicate this song to polka, who i know can appreciate quality pop: 

Jeremy Blackman

I was at a funeral yesterday and this video was played (by request of the deceased). It destroyed everyone.

FYI: Don't get the wrong idea, it's funny. Listen to it. And imagine a bunch of people crying.

jenkins

i cried too, but because you gave me the context.

cronopio2

makes anomalisa more bearable for me.

polkablues

I'm way late to the party on this one, but this song and video are both incredible.

i agree, however, i think that i prefer the visuals in this performance of the song;

Jeremy Blackman

After Nymphomaniac and this, I am now decidedly pro-Shia. I mean really. How many Disney stars have gone on to do nothing interesting?

I watched that SNL performance first, and initially I didn't believe that was actually a young girl dancing, because it couldn't be, right? Maddie Ziegler makes me want to become a fan of dance. (Definitely not going to watch Dance Moms, though.)