this is a really good song.

Started by Jeremy Blackman, May 17, 2009, 08:16:41 PM

polkablues

Quote from: O3 on October 26, 2014, 11:31:22 PM
dont feel its worthy of a thread but is anyone here currently into the trend sadmusic?

Is that a new, specific thing, or does it literally just mean music that is sad?
My house, my rules, my coffee

woop just saw this.

its a term referring to a type of hiphop that has been around for years, but has recently become a little bit more defined into a culture.
its basically hiphop that is steeped in the visual and audio essence of 90s low quality vhs type of things. stuff that was popular growing up in the late 80s early 90s. nintendo, sega, pokemon, anime, windows 95 apps. there is also heavy dependence on hallucinogenics, hydration, the ocean, space. very dreamy trippy stuff with a lo fi edge to it. i think these videos will describe it much better.

N

You are the bravest boy I've ever met.

jenkins

Lottery

This track is exceptional. Wish his new album came out this year.

Garam

16 minute acoustic song from incredibly intense and under appreciated Newcastle singer/songwriter Richard Dawson.

Uses lots of local dialect and sings about childhood memories like he's having flashbacks from Nam.

Takes some talent to write a 16 minute acoustic track that doesn't get boring at any point. And that voice...holy fuck that voice...it's a weapon.

i know this wont be everyones cup of tea, but the latest song/collaboration with my buddy ghost, he always impresses the fuck out of me. new video::

"IF I WASNT ME ID RATHER BE DEAD"

putneyswipe

Pedro

The new Father John Misty album leaked and it's excellent.  Dense with orchestration throughout.  The lyrics are a great mix of twisted black humor and earnest romanticism.   I imagine it will be divisive.

Jeremy Blackman

Heard "Get Lucky" and had the urge to listen to "Instant Crush" again, which is definitely my favorite song from that album:

And this cover is really good. Truly bizarre video, though.

cronopio2

Robyn

the new animal collective is so goood.

cronopio2

Robyn