in 25 words or less, to meet Jan Harlan, Christiane Kubrick

Started by Pubrick, October 25, 2005, 09:05:02 PM

Pubrick

i went with the lolita one.

all in all i entered 4 submissions, using three friends' details with the condition that they'd take me if they won. all were very willing to help out.

it occurred to me that the 25 words thing is just so ppl put a little effort and they don't get a barrage of automatic replies. if they do read them as their conditions claim, the ones i submitted were at least eye-catching and featured uncommon observations.

thanks everyone, now we play the waiting game.

under the paving stones.

cowboykurtis

i think the lolita one has a good chance -  most of them will be obvious one's - I bet they'll get tons along the lines of: "Clockwork Orange; it cured me alright, I can again listen to Ludwig Van, while doin the ole' in & out".
...your excuses are your own...

Pwaybloe

You didn't Americanize "favourite."  All that hard work for nothing.

Pubrick

yep so i didn't win, not even runner-up. they must not hav read the submissions.

worst week ever.
under the paving stones.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

JG

(i was taking a walk today and this thread somehow popped into my mind.   here's an okay one i thought of:

full metal jacket, because your never too jung to fully appreciate it. or sumthing like that.)

picolas

does anyone have a link to the winning submission? i've googled every possible lead.

Chest Rockwell

Ah man, wish I had heard about this when it was happening. I too am curious to see the winning entries.

Fernando

I already know what P could say about the outcome:

Quote from: Pubrick on September 04, 2005, 01:16:51 AM

it was a knife in pubrick's heart.

I'm also curious about it though.

Pubrick

haha, yeah. i kinda walked away from this completely after i didn't hear back from them. if someone found the winners that'd be cool, along with their names and home addresses. uh.. for research purposes only. but seriously they prolly just picked em out of a hat. a stupid hat.
under the paving stones.

JG

(too bad i wasn't as witty back then, then you would have won)