Alien: Special Edition

Started by Ghostboy, August 29, 2003, 02:19:20 PM

mogwai

just finished watching aliens and it was great. you can spot the difference between ridley scott and james cameron. ridley is into the drama and james is into the action. i haven't seen alien 3 and i was wondering what's wrong with that one?

Pubrick

Quote from: mogwairidley is into the drama and james is into the action. i haven't seen alien 3 and i was wondering what's wrong with that one?
it has no drama and no action.
under the paving stones.

modage

yeah i think if you watch it you'll see what's wrong with it.  especially coming off the heels of the first two (aka, Greatest Films of All Time).
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

But, it has Charles S. Dutton, and it's 40 times better than "Alien: Resurrection".  It's definitely worth watching if you don't have to pay any money to do so.
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

Quote from: mogwaii haven't seen alien 3 and i was wondering what's wrong with that one?

There's no suspense like the first one, and no action, like P said, like the second one. It becomes a "chase" picture. There's some interesting moments scattered about, but it's not Fincher's finest. The recut version does a good part of elevating it a bit over the theatrical.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks