Alice In Wonderland

Started by MacGuffin, December 11, 2007, 12:36:31 AM

tpfkabi

I wish he would save Keaton from whatever exile he is in - I love him in Beetlejuice and Batman.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

squints

Here's my fantasy for the third chris nolan batman:

He directly adapts The Dark Knight Returns and has Jon Hamm play the aging Bruce Wayne/Batman and Michael Keaton play the Joker.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

SiliasRuby

This wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Definitely different than any other adaptation that I've come across and Depp makes this worth watching. There are so many stunning visuals in this movie that this version couldn't have been done by anyone except burton. The opening disney logo actually creeped me out. I might be in the minority again since I haven't read this partcular thread in a while but I enjoyed this quite a bit.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

The Perineum Falcon

I thought it was an eyesore, and the art direction was a fucking joke. Ugly and poorly written. Oh yeah, poorly acted, too. There was no inspiration behind this, just as there was no need for the attempt.

futterwacken?? why should that word or dance have been invented?

I really think it's high time Burton retires. He looks old, exhausted, spent of every last creative energy. And now he wants to remake Frankenweenie?? But why? Why can't he just quit us?
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.