Super Mario 3 finished in 11 minutes!!!!

Started by edison, January 09, 2004, 10:18:10 AM

"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

edison

ono

Mario has his power meter filled up at all times.  He's also invincible to the wrenches among other things.  And some of the things he does are pretty much impossible given the mechanics of the game.  I'm no slouch at that game, but what he did is humanly impossible without cheating devices.  Notice, also, how he beat Bowser by stomping on his head after shooting fireballs.  First, you can't touch his head, and second, the fireballs come out way too fast.

edison

well crap....but its still cool to watch though. brings back memories of going through those levels, havent played that game in forever.

ono

That's what I thought, too.  It is cool to watch.  I thought it was real, too, when I first saw it.  They don't make games like that anymore.

Raikus

Onomatopoeia is right. But probably the most interesting thing about this is how it was faked. A Japanese man took two years to do this. How? By playing the game on an emulator and saving every single frame so he could got back when he messed up. Basically he put all the frames together like an animation to show the perfect game.

Pretty neat idea. I feel bad for the guy's social life, however.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Gamblour.

Yeah, when I saw this, I was fucking blown away, I thought some god among men had perfected playing the game. But then, I read how it was fake, almost like finding out Santa wasn't real. Raikus, where'd you read that it took him two years? That's fucking nuts, but he got the fame he wanted, I guess.
WWPTAD?

Raikus

Quote from: Gambloren das ManhörenRaikus, where'd you read that it took him two years?
http://www.sohh.com/forums/showthread.php?t=410941
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

GodDamnImDaMan

pfffffffff "beating mario in ten minutes"

Big whoop!

I can beat off in TWO minutes!!!!
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

If it took the guy two years to make, then I think he deserves the honor of beating it in 11 minutes, whatever honor that may be...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Raikus

The award has to be "Most Geekiest Dead to Awe Geeks of the Decade."

I'm not sure what the award looks like, but it's sure to encorporate a lightsaber, a Final Fantasy III SNES cartridge, a model of the Enterprise, Bruce Campbell, and Optimus Prime.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Raikus

I'm not sure what the award looks like, but it's sure to encorporate a lightsaber, a Final Fantasy III SNES cartridge, a model of the Enterprise, Bruce Campbell, and Optimus Prime.

.....hahahahaha......that's  awesome.......

maybe they hannd that out on the G4 awards show......

analogzombie

Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoobIf it took the guy two years to make, then I think he deserves the honor of beating it in 11 minutes, whatever honor that may be...

that honor would be to be shot in the back of the head and fed to pigs as slop

i would also venture to say that this guy has probably never seen a vagina in real life
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: analogzombie
Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoobIf it took the guy two years to make, then I think he deserves the honor of beating it in 11 minutes, whatever honor that may be...

that honor would be to be shot in the back of the head and fed to pigs as slop

i would also venture to say that this guy has probably never seen a vagina in real life

Yeah, but now he brag he's beaten Mario in 11 minutes!  What girl wouldn't give it up for that?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye